The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peugeot Airbag failed

3 posters

Go down

Peugeot Airbag failed Empty Peugeot Airbag failed

Post by clarkescribe Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:11 pm

After our last 10 day trip the air bag /seat belt tensioner sensor failed to communicate on the vehicle Can-Bus causing an error light on the consul and a message saying the air bag was off. The sensor is a small 10cm square box bolted to the floor close up to the central consul. It didn’t stop us using the van but the air bags were not active. I disconnected the unit and sent it to Crash Data Ltd who were excellent in checking it out the first day they got it and because it couldn’t be repaired sent a replacement by return and credited the cost of checking the damaged unit against the new part which made and expensive part a bit less of a financial hit. The sensor failure seems to be a pretty common with Boxer and the Fiat equivalent vans from the number of posts online. Hoping the problem is now solved as the new part appears to have a different part number to the failed unit despite looking identical and immediately solved the issue. Interestingly the fault didn’t show up as an error code on the OBD interface. I have now bought a cheap (£12) blue tooth iCAR Pro scan OBD port reader plug that I leave in place. This allows me to read any error codes as well as a load of real time engine data on the car scanner app on my phone or iPad without having to keep removing the access panel on the right-hand side of the consul below the steering column. Not critical but its nice to read it and see everything is OK before we set off on a longer trip.
Hope this might help someone with a similar problem.
clarkescribe
clarkescribe

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2020

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Airbag failed Empty Re: Peugeot Airbag failed

Post by Paulmold Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:42 pm

The airbag ECU fault is a fairly common fault reported on the forum. Crashdata is well known to the forum , there are others that have been used. The OBD port scanner is interesting.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Peugeot Airbag failed Empty Re: Peugeot Airbag failed

Post by K & S Mon Oct 14, 2024 2:40 pm

Hi I have had the same issue on my Kemerton XL. I also used Crash data to reset the airbag unit I sent them but had to send it back to them again when the fault didn’t clear. The second time all seamed fine but a few weeks later it crashed again. I hope the replacement unit you now have will fix the issue. I will have to get the Peugeot dealers replace mine when it goes in for a service & MOT next. Likely I expect to be £400-480.
I would be interested in any reader that can show/clear faults on a Peugeot Boxer 2016 as I have tried two which purported to be compatible but weren’t.
K & S
K & S

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down