The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FAILED REGULATOR VALVE

2 posters

Go down

FAILED REGULATOR VALVE Empty FAILED REGULATOR VALVE

Post by janniecop Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Hi
Just had a habitation check done at "Knowepark Campervans" in Livingston, West Lothian (who were excellent by the way! up! ) and they found the gas regulator valve was jammed open allowing full gas pressure straight through! He said he'd only seen this once before as usually when they fail they block any gas flow and it also was a 'van with a built-in tank.
He wondered if it was the fact that when you fill the tank the pressure goes through to the regulator as the cut off tap is inaccessible under the 'van. 
Could this cause the damage? 
He said he will try to make enquiries and I will contact Autosleeper directly about this.
Has anyone else had this problem? anyone

Cheers, John.
janniecop
janniecop

Male

Member Age : 71
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

FAILED REGULATOR VALVE Empty Re: FAILED REGULATOR VALVE

Post by Gromit Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:50 pm

janniecop wrote:Hi
He wondered if it was the fact that when you fill the tank the pressure goes through to the regulator as the cut off tap is inaccessible under the 'van. 
John.
Hi John

That's a new one on me!! scratch head The fill pipe is entirely separate to the regulator and goes directly into the tank, via various safety devices.

I would be rather suspicious, since you would surely have noticed if you had been getting full pressure to your appliances!!

I'd say you've just been unlucky enough to get a dud regulator, but don't take my word for it as gas problems are potentially very serious and I'm not a qualified gas engineer.

Mark at A/S service Centre will be able to offer expert advice, I'm sure. 01386 853511
Gromit
Gromit
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

FAILED REGULATOR VALVE Empty Re: FAILED REGULATOR VALVE

Post by janniecop Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Thanks Dave up!