The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dometic Fridge.

3 posters

Go down

Dometic Fridge. Empty Dometic Fridge.

Post by Sailor Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:35 pm

I am currently having problems with my Dometic Fridge model no.RMS8501 installed in my 2015 Bourton. My Dealer, Marquis, has had a couple of goes at it, managed to get it to work on mains only (No Gas or Vehicle Battery) and has sent away  for a new panel which will take at least 2 months to arrive. I was told that if I ever had a problem turning off the fridge I could simple remove the Fridge Fuse. ( situated in a small fuse box attached to the top of the Water heater box under the offside bed)  There are in fact two Fridge fuses , both 20 amp marked "Fridge" and "Fridge +" .

During the course of my Fridge experience ,when I couldn,t turn the fridge off I did remove both fuses but  to my surprise the fridge continued to work.!  

Has anyone had a similar  experience or changed their Dometic Fridge for a different model?
Sailor
Sailor

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Dometic Fridge. Empty Re: Dometic Fridge.

Post by Dbvwt Sat Sep 21, 2024 3:40 pm

Purely guessing here regarding the fuses but is the small fuse box you talk about the EM40 (or equivalent)?
The fridge control panel 12v fuse is on the Sargent main unit, possibly an EC500 in your van?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:08 pm

The fridge needs a permanent low current 12v supply to work on gas, mains or the VB/alternator.  On the EC500 the No 3 5A fuse would appear to support this permanent supply but removing the fuse might disable something else.  The 20A fuses on the EM40 are for the VB/alternator high current supply only so removing them will not stop the fridge from working on mains or gas.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:18 pm

It was fuse no 5 on my EC500, fuse 3 was the step. No 2 A/S vans seem to be wired the same!!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Caraman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sailor Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:12 pm

Thank you for your replies .
I can confirm that my PSU is an EC500 and the Fuse box containing the 20 amp "Fridge" fuse and 20amp "Fridge D+" fuse has  EM 45 Interface on the lid.
My Dealer did mention that the Fridge D+ fuse was to do with the power supply from the Alternator to allow the fridge to run on Vehicle Battery but told me that by removing the 20 amp "Fridge"  fuse it would enable me to turn the fridge off if I was unable to do so via the faulty control panel.   No mention has been made of the 12v 5amp fuse on the EC500 . 
I will mention this point when I take the vehicle in on Wednesday.
I cannot find any other fuses , other than those under the dash board near the bonnet release handle, which I presume are  for the Merc Sprinter vehicle. so I presume the 12v 5amp fuse is contained in the EC500 housing.
When this "Fuse/ Fridge problem is solved I will send a quick post for information.
Sailor
Sailor

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Bourton
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down