The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding window.

2 posters

Go down

Sliding window.  Empty Sliding window.

Post by DaveyA Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:08 pm

Hi
Has anyone tried fitting a new seal to the sliding window on the n/s to see if it makes any difference?  I'm busy unblocking the drain holes but the water shouldn't get past the seal surely, you'd think. I suppose the fact that they feel the need for drain holes I've answered my own question. If it even slowed the ingress a little it would help.
DaveyA
DaveyA

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Sliding window.  Empty Re: Sliding window.

Post by rgermain Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:04 pm

DaveyA wrote:Hi
Has anyone tried fitting a new seal to the sliding window on the n/s to see if it makes any difference?  I'm busy unblocking the drain holes but the water shouldn't get past the seal surely, you'd think. I suppose the fact that they feel the need for drain holes I've answered my own question. If it even slowed the ingress a little it would help.
Never used our's, so due to water ingress I sealed it up with black windscreen mastic, you cannot see it and no more wet door trim smile! smile!
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Sliding window.  Empty Re: Sliding window.

Post by DaveyA Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:48 pm

That might have been an easier solution. I finally managed to pull out one of the so called channels and clear away some of the sealant. It's the worst idea I have ever seen even if it was fitted properly in the first place. I have put some plastic tubes into the front and back where I have broken through the sealant. I found that even protecting the paintwork with strips of gaffer tape, damage might still be possible. I put an old credit card under the gaffer tape where I was poking around and it gives a lot more protection. I might still see if I can get a new window rubber.
DaveyA
DaveyA

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down