The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warwick XL Truma issues

2 posters

Go down

Warwick XL Truma issues Empty Warwick XL Truma issues

Post by gobsmacked Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:16 am

Hi,

I have a Warwick XL from 2017 with a Truma combi 6e. I have not used the heating for a long time over a year and now when I try to start it the fan is not spinning. It heats water without a problem both on gas and electric. I have made sure the fan blades are not stuck they spin just fine when I turn them with my fingers. Can not remove the lid of the Truma to reset the overheating protection should that be the issue. Can someone tell me which fuse controls the space heater. I was thinking the one in the bottom row to the left on the PCU. All fuses seem ok though. Also the temperature during the night when I wanted to turn it on was still around 18 on the thermometer I have mounted next to the sensor above the side door could that be too high for it to start the fan, I did put it on 30 degrees.There is no error code on the display and I can hear the clicking sound when I put it on but no movement from the fan blades. 
Grateful for any input☺
gobsmacked
gobsmacked

Other / Decline to state

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Warwick XL Truma issues Empty Re: Warwick XL Truma issues

Post by Caraman Wed Sep 11, 2024 8:00 pm

The manual for your van / EC500 states the red 10A Fuse No 8 is for the heater but if you have checked all the 12V fuses and the Truma is heating up water OK on mains and gas, a blown fuse is unlikely to be the problem.  If the air circulation fan is u/s I would expect an error code to show up on the CP.  If the fan / heating doesn't turn on with the temp set to 30 degrees when the van temp is only 18 degrees, it suggests a problem with the temp sensor / thermostat, or, you have the water heater set to boost and for some reason its not reverting to hot or eco.  You could give Truma a call.  I have found them helpful.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

kathnige likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gobsmacked Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:05 pm

Thank you so much I am kind of suspecting the thermostat or sensor but today I have tried to find a Truma service place to book an appointment. Will check if water heater is stuck on boostif I can🙏🏻

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by gobsmacked Wed Sep 11, 2024 9:07 pm

Wanted to add to my question that if I put the fan on vent it starts spinning so it seems there is no problem with the fan motor☺

Other / Decline to state

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:05 am

So nothing wrong with the fan.  I would turn the heating up high with the fan high for good measure and leave it for a few minutes with the HW off and see what happens.  The heating doesn't always come on immediately and it wont come on at all if the HW is on boost.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

kathnige and gobsmacked like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gobsmacked Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:16 am

Thank you I will try that☺🙏🏻

Other / Decline to state