The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose

+4
BobK
Dave 418
Caraman
CC
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose  - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose

Post by Caraman Mon Jul 22, 2024 11:29 am

It does appear to be the same except it’s grey.  I found frequent unclipping caused the pipe to separate from the tap or tank.  Can’t remember which but the effect was the same - a loss of water.  I cleaned up the ends and fitted extra jubilee clips and tightened them up.  That was a while ago and it’s been OK since
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose  - Page 2 Empty Re: Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose

Post by Paulmold Mon Jul 22, 2024 12:02 pm

The piping does get brittle over time and the lowering will eventually cause it to split that's why I carry a length in the van for an immediate repair. I once arrived at York site and the waste water poured out all over the gravel pitch due to a split only an inch from the tank, on that occasion I was able to remove an Inch and put it back on the spigot.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:47 am

Just replaced my freshwater hose with clear reinforced which is a little heavier and 3mm thick against 0.7 old hose between the ribs.
Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose  - Page 2 20240710Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose  - Page 2 20240710
Blue Fresh Water Tap Flexi hose  - Page 2 20240711
gef

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jul 23, 2024 3:28 pm

I was actually looking at some of that same reinforced hose myself Gef, can you advise what diameter you got as I couldn’t find it in 28mm which I’m guessing is the correct size I need as I understand the tap is 28mm, was thinking this stuff is probably better than the convoluted pipe as the weak point on that is the thinness between the ribs & over time due to movement that’s where it’s likely to fail, unless anyone can give a reason as to not use this kind of hose I’ll probably go this route, also I couldn’t find the convoluted hose in food grade whereas this type of hose is marked as food grade…

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:18 pm

Cc you need 25mm or 1inch which I found on ebay by hoses uk who included 2 new jubilee clips.  1 metre was enough on my van to do both fresh and waste.  It is very soft and flexible but I found fitting was easier than the original just make sure it's pushed on well and jubilee clip located on new pipe.
gef

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CC Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:27 pm

Thanks Gef, that’s interesting so is it the outlet of the tap they refer to as 28mm not the connection end? Will probably get another tap while I’m at it, then keep the current one as a spare.

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Jul 23, 2024 4:43 pm

Paulmold said that as had the wrong measurement  but you are pushing on to a 26 mm outlet.
gef

Male

CC likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:41 pm

That confuses me, a 25m hose going onto a 26mm outlet. I once bought 1" black convoluted hose from garden centre and it wouldn't go on the outlet even having put it in hot water to soften it. The stuff from AS is 26mm internal , goes on nicely and with a jubilee clip is very secure.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:57 pm

I have only played with the grey relatively flimsy convoluted hose which doesn't stretch.  The hose gef has used does stretch so that's the difference.  I must admit I quite like the look of that hose.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo

Back to top Go down

Post by gef Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:22 pm

A little cheat Paul I take 1mm of the leading edge internally which gives a good start to pushing pipe on
gef

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2