The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blue Flexible water tank drain hose

+2
Paulmold
Victor Johnstone
6 posters

Go down

Blue Flexible water tank drain hose Empty Blue Flexible water tank drain hose

Post by Victor Johnstone Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:17 am

We have a 2021 Warwick Duo. Love it. I drained and refilled our fresh water tank because it had been sitting unused in high temperatures. Being less than flexible I un-clipped the blue corrugated hose, drained and re-clipped from a kneeling position. Re-filled. Creaky knees but jobs a good 'un.

Or so I thought.

Turned out the exhaust runs very close and the pipe touched it. Drip drip. Empty water tank. You really have to lie down and look under to make sure of no contact and I reckon use cable ties Maybe my fault but ho hum. 

I got a shock at what else I spotted. What def wasn't my fault was the fact that AS assemblers had not secured the electric sender cable nor the handbrake cable sufficiently. Both melted leaving the gas guage inoperable (and an exposed copper wire shorting next to a gas tank) and the brake cable subject to water ingress. Another story I suppose. Warranty items.

Dont get me started on the stick on winter jacket for the water tank. It is a rubbish design and just falls off then hangs down under the van along with its wires. I wish I had a quid for every "do you know that bits are falling off your van" comment I get from nice people. Replaced under warranty but just the same kit. Lasted roughly one journey before the airflow blew it loose again.

Anyhoo and finally. My question is; has anyone else had this problem, anyone know the size of the blue water pipe or the best source for replacement?

Honest, we love the Van but it has niggles. Avoidable mostly and that's a shame.
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Blue Flexible water tank drain hose Empty Re: Blue Flexible water tank drain hose

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:20 am

25mm or 1" pipe AS spares or CAKtanks supply

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Victor Johnstone likes this post

Back to top Go down

Blue Flexible water tank drain hose Empty Re: Blue Flexible water tank drain hose

Post by roli Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:26 am

I was disgusted with the routing of the hoses being so close to the exhaust so on the waste one (due to odd size convoluted tube used by AS) I fitted a 90deg standard bend to the tankthen a rigid tube to get close to the van edge and via an bush (from local dealer) fitted the AS waste pipe.
Sorry I cant help with the size of the hose, other than its 2mm different to a standard size.
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:33 am

Paulmold wrote:25mm or 1" pipe AS spares or CAKtanks supply
Thanks v much :-)
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CroftBadger Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:30 pm

I've had the same problem with the tank heater pads on mine (and the fresh water drain hose far too close to the exhaust in my opinion). Only on the waste tank however as the fresh water pad is held on by one of the tank supports. I read, on this forum I believe, that someone had used Gorilla tape for just this purpose so I've used that all around the edges on the pad that keeps falling off. Seems to be good but time will tell if it holds.
CroftBadger
CroftBadger

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:55 am

Thanks. Noted.  I'm going to have a discussion with the dealer when I get back. I didn't pay £55k for a new vehicle I need to lie under!
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

CroftBadger likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:51 am

You can hunt around for equivalents but I’ve bought mine direct from AS in the past and they come very quickly.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

rgermain and AutoSleepy_Don like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Relaxez-Vous Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:18 am

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that the same things keep cropping up on ASOF.
One of our heater pads became unstuck and was partially hanging off. A-S didn't relieve the weight of the supply cable and over time it pulls the pad off. Search and you'll find several threads on this topic.

I've recently been sorting out a dripping fresh water drain tap. Also when we were away recently I've filled up with fresh water at home, when we arrived our water tank was empty, all the water lost during the journey. At the tank end the pipe had become unplugged, yes just a push fit. In those immortal words, I don't believe it!

Any salesman dealing in second hand cars will know know what each cars' typical faults that develop. If you've ever read Honest John in the Telegraph you'll know what I mean. We could have a help thread listing each of A-S models specific faults and shortcoming, some faults though will be more generic and cover several models. People are also suggesting ASOF has a list of LPG stations.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

woodlice and Victor Johnstone like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Johnstone Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:04 pm

Thanks and glad (sort of) that it's not just me! Classic ship spoiled for a ha'penny worth of tar.
Victor Johnstone
Victor Johnstone

Male

Back to top Go down