The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingham Bed

2 posters

Go down

Kingham Bed Empty Kingham Bed

Post by Freeride Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:08 pm

Can anyone advise how the bed should work? Ours doesn't seem to want to lay flat when you pull it back towards the front of the van the top end should lay flat. The top end just lifts up a little and then won't push right down.
Freeride
Freeride

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Kingham Bed Empty Re: Kingham Bed

Post by The Bargee Thu Jul 11, 2024 10:47 pm

We don't have a problem with ours but if I want to lift the back end I always operate it from the back of the van through the rear doors, not from in front of the bed. Obviously check also that nothing is fouling the mechanism. As for the front of the bed we only lift the back end for access to the storage, not for the chaise longue effect, which is a gimmick really.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Kingham Bed Empty Re: Kingham Bed

Post by Freeride Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:41 pm

Many thanks. Using your method via the rear doors if I pull the head of the bed right up into the full steepest day bed mode then push it back and forward it seems to go down flat. If I try it from any mid position it appears locked presumably so can rest your head on it? Notwithstanding the above once it is completely flat it doesn't appear to lock in position completely flat. So I just tape the mattress ties round the frame to keep it flat.
Freeride
Freeride

Male

Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down