The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truma heater blower Fuse location

+2
PLOUGHLIN
Sean and Sue
6 posters

Go down

Truma heater blower Fuse location Empty Truma heater blower Fuse location

Post by Sean and Sue Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:03 pm

Hi

Could anyone help with the truma heater fan. I swapped out the TEB2 controller and its still not blowing, could anyne tell me if replacing the wire or fuse location might be? We have a 2003 Nuevo on a Peugeot boxer hdi 2.0
Any help really :)

Sean
Sean and Sue
Sean and Sue

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Truma heater blower Fuse location Empty Re: Truma heater blower Fuse location

Post by Sean and Sue Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:41 pm

So after a lot of reading and dismantling of the moho  cupboard I think I'm a little closer to solving this, I hope.
 12 v power to the fan, but on the fan PCB there looks like a black mark on the circuit board.
Continuity okay on the four wires from the resistor switch cable. 
I took the cover off the back of the fan and applied a direct 12v to the fan and its spinning nicely. So I have ordered a new PCB for £40 off ebay....fingers crossed 

Sean

Edit: all the fuses above the battery are okay
Sean and Sue
Sean and Sue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by PLOUGHLIN Tue Jul 09, 2024 5:52 pm

This was the pcb on my Truma when the fan failed to work. You have probably found the problem. up!

Truma heater blower Fuse location P1010810

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 54
Auto-Sleeper Model : MB Gloucester
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:35 pm

It would be interesting to find out why that component overheated. It doesn't help that A/S install the boiler 180 degrees out of the orientation in the Truma installation instructions. If they would fit it with the electronics on the habitation side instead of next to the wall, the electronics would run cooler and therefore less likely to overheat and burn out.
I am assuming that the heaters referred to here are fitted under the wardrobe with the electronics next to the outside wall, as was the case in my Nuevo, until I removed it, rotated it 180 degrees and replaced everything. It would have needed zero extra components or any extra lengths of pipe for A/S to install it as per the maker's instructions.

Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : 1 Bourton 1 Polensa
Vehicle Year : various

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean and Sue Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:40 pm

PLOUGHLIN wrote:This was the pcb on my Truma when the fan failed to work. You have probably found the problem. up!

Truma heater blower Fuse location P1010810

Ive cleaned mine up little, but it looks like mine went in the same place. Just waiting for the new board, can't complain the last one lasted 21 years and I did use the heater a good deal last winter.
Anyway Ive found the forum now :) and found out a lot more on the workings van
Sean and Sue
Sean and Sue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean and Sue Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:49 pm

gassygassy wrote:It would be interesting to find out why that component overheated. It doesn't help that A/S install the boiler 180 degrees out of the orientation in the Truma installation instructions. If they would fit it with the electronics on the habitation side instead of next to the wall, the electronics would run cooler and therefore less likely to overheat and burn out.
I am assuming that the heaters referred to here are fitted under the wardrobe with the electronics next to the outside wall, as was the case in my Nuevo, until I removed it, rotated it 180 degrees and replaced everything. It would have needed zero extra components or any extra lengths of pipe for A/S to install it as per the maker's instructions.

As I said above the Van had quite a lot of use last winter, but when I had the habitation checks done it was after then the blower failed, coincidentally or not.
 Examining the cable from the fan to the controller it does have a couple of slits in the cable insulation where the cable feeds through from the controller and wonder if these breaks in the played a part in its failing with the cover being replaced
Fingers crossed the PCB gets it all working again.

Sean

Last edited by Sean and Sue on Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dyslexic)
Sean and Sue
Sean and Sue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:44 pm

Gassy- this is not about combi heater, it's a wall mounted convection heater.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:31 am

Paulmold wrote:Gassy- this is not about combi heater, it's a wall mounted convection heater.
Beg your pardon. If you mean the one typically mounted on the floor under the wardrobe, I love those heaters. I would prefer one over the combis any day. They are simple to service and fix. I once went to one that lit briefly and then extinguished. The problem was that a spider had built a web in the air intake under the floor and this was restricting the air flow sufficiently to prevent the burner from running.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:42 am

gassygassy wrote:
Paulmold wrote:Gassy- this is not about combi heater, it's a wall mounted convection heater.
Beg your pardon. If you mean the one typically mounted on the floor under the wardrobe, I love those heaters. I would prefer one over the combis any day. They are simple to service and fix. I once went to one that lit briefly and then extinguished. The problem was that a spider had built a web in the air intake under the floor and this was restricting the air flow sufficiently to prevent the burner from running.
We had that type on our 2006 Nuevo, it was brilliant at heating the space up quickly, unfortunately AS dropped them completely after that and everyone has to have blown air heating.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by gassygassy Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:55 am

Yes I have often wondered about the benefits of blown air, I have had quite a few caravans and campers with just the convection heating and I found it to be excellent. I guess on the leviathans it would be necessary, but not in a sub -7 metre wagon. Something I like even less is the Alde (Often by me confused with a supermarket) heating. I am an officially trained Alde technician and I would never buy a wagon with it. It's just a load of trouble and inconvenience, adding considerable weight and servicing costs.

Donator
Donator

Male

Paulmold likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Fri Jul 12, 2024 11:17 am

I agree with you about the convection heating, GG. It was far better than the Combi.

I suspect Alde isn’t what it used to be. I believe it was originally installed in boats and later migrated to caravans. We had a 1992 caravan with Alde heating and it was superb. Mind you, 30 odd years ago it didn’t have all the electronic geegaws it has now.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean and Sue Fri Aug 09, 2024 3:07 pm

Finally got the new PCB for the fan on the back of the heater and its all good. Going to have a go at rearing the old one and keeping for a spare. A new PCB cost me £70.

If I get anymore trouble with the heating I'll trip it allo ut and repace with a diesel heater.

Now on to the cupboards, thanks for the help.

Sean
Sean and Sue
Sean and Sue

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by breakaleg Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:02 am

I agree, the old heaters were better, no worries about the battery lasting on a cold night off grid.
Pete
breakaleg
breakaleg

Male

Member Age : 68
Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo Ek
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down