The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding door seal replacement

2 posters

Go down

Sliding door seal replacement Empty Sliding door seal replacement

Post by pootler Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:03 pm

I have had the usual issues with side windows but I am having issues with leakage past the seal around the door frame. I have tried adjusting / tightening the bolt at the rear but as the seal occasionally slips off at the top I was wondering about just replacing the old seal altogether.It is thirteen years old after all. Stupidly it seems straightforward but through experience I know that nothing is until one has successfully done something a number of times. Has anyone any experience / suggestions/ advice? Take care everyone.
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Sliding door seal replacement Empty Re: Sliding door seal replacement

Post by Toffee Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:24 am

Have you tried to lubricate the seal? With a silicone basedproduct or alternatively I’ve found applying self adhesive foam to the door to make it press onto the seal a little better can work.
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by pootler Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:53 am

Thanks for that. I have also seen on 'Wheeler Dealers', on TV, how Edd solved a leak by inserting a length of thin plastic piping, similar to that I would use when I made home brew back in the day, in the old seal. However my seal is actually beginning to slip off and hangs down directly above the entrance above the electric step so I susppect any measure would only be temporary. Things to think about.
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Thu Jun 20, 2024 2:05 pm

I think there is a company that specialize in car seals for the classic car sector, bound to be able to help you
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down