The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr

+2
Roopert
Coxylad28
6 posters

Go down

Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr Empty Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr

Post by Coxylad28 Wed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm

Hello All

I'm looking for a little help.
We have a 2008 Autosleeper Nuevo, last week the leisure battery stopped charging from the engine alternator.. Here is what I know

The Vehicle Battery is charging from the Alternator. This was checked with a multimeter
The Leisure Battery charges fine from Mains, but is getting no power from the engine alternator
The 5 amp and 50 Amp fuses located next to the Leisure Battery are both working fine
I've changed all of the other fuses.

I heard there may be another 50 amp fuse by the vehicle battery (Under Floor in the Cab) but I cant see one

So I'm stumped and would appreciate any suggestions

Many Thanks

RC
Coxylad28
Coxylad28

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr Empty Re: Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr

Post by Roopert Thu May 09, 2024 12:43 am

I don't know that vehicle in detail, but one observation is that on a vehicle of that age, I was say that it would be very unusual to find 50A fuses in the split charge circuit. Typically these fuses would have been 20A.

I'm not sure how they could have come to be so highly rated. Perhaps a previous owner has changed them, but whether they have uprated the wiring to accommodate the change is another issue.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr Empty Re: Nuevo Lesiure Bat not charging from altntr

Post by IanH Thu May 09, 2024 6:50 am

No 1 suspect, the split charge relay. Cheap part, change it see what happens.....
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by NickT Thu May 09, 2024 8:45 am

Could also be something as simple as a loose cable.
We had the issue last year of the LB not charging whilst driving, checked fuses etc to no avail.  After speaking to a helpful technician had another check from one end of the system to the other.  Found that the cable from the +ve terminal of the vehicle battery to the LB was loose.  Two minutes with a spanner and the problem was solved and lesson learnt!

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Orian Gemini
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 pm

Coxylad28 wrote:Hello All

I'm looking for a little help.
We have a 2008 Autosleeper Nuevo, last week the leisure battery stopped charging from the engine alternator.. Here is what I know

The Vehicle Battery is charging from the Alternator. This was checked with a multimeter
The Leisure Battery charges fine from Mains, but is getting no power from the engine alternator
The 5 amp and 50 Amp fuses located next to the Leisure Battery are both working fine
I've changed all of the other fuses.

I heard there may be another 50 amp fuse by the vehicle battery (Under Floor in the Cab) but I cant see one

So I'm stumped and would appreciate any suggestions

Many Thanks

RC

If you have an MES electrical system there could be a fuse box under the cab passenger seat.
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly3 Thu May 16, 2024 2:24 am

On  my 2014 nuevo their is a  charger fuse in the box behind the  drivers seat .
Molly3
Molly3

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down