The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rattling sliding door blinds

3 posters

Go down

Rattling sliding door blinds Empty Rattling sliding door blinds

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:52 pm

Anyone had any success stopping the blinds rattling on the sliding door?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Rattling sliding door blinds Empty Re: Rattling sliding door blinds

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:08 pm

Yes, problems and solutions well covered in these threads:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I’m sure there others, these came up after searching on “blinds”.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:31 pm

Cheers Tim
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:11 am

I spent a lot of time chasing and curing rattles in my Kingham after I bought it 15 months ago, including all the favourites like the loose sliding door blind, the rattling door catches, the microwave, the oven etc. with varying degrees of success but the biggest overall difference was achieved by taking off the standard van tyres and fitting General Grabber AT3 tyres, 235/65 R16C. These are specifically designed for our types of van and have a high load rating whilst really transforming the ride. I have seen no significant negatives, e.g. fuel consumption appears similar, tyre noise no different. They have more supple side walls and quite simply ride very much more smoothly than the old Contivans. They also perform much better on dodgy surfaces, wet grass etc. Only available in 16" to date but well worth considering. My original tyres had done less than 10,000 miles and I was a bit embarrassed to be throwing them out so young but the improvements in ride (hence rattles!) and handling are well worth it.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:00 am

I had the same problem.  Removed the cladding on the sliding door and stuffed more insulation (dacron) in the crevices around the frame of the window.  Stopped the rattling.  May work for you, or I may just be lucky!
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:12 am

The Bargee wrote:I spent a lot of time chasing and curing rattles in my Kingham after I bought it 15 months ago, including all the favourites like the loose sliding door blind, the rattling door catches, the microwave, the oven etc. with varying degrees of success but the biggest overall difference was achieved by taking off the standard van tyres and fitting General Grabber AT3 tyres, 235/65 R16C. These are specifically designed for our types of van and have a high load rating whilst really transforming the ride. I have seen no significant negatives, e.g. fuel consumption appears similar, tyre noise no different. They have more supple side walls and quite simply ride very much more smoothly than the old Contivans. They also perform much better on dodgy surfaces, wet grass etc. Only available in 16" to date but well worth considering. My original tyres had done less than 10,000 miles and I was a bit embarrassed to be throwing them out so young but the improvements in ride (hence rattles!) and handling are well worth it.

Don’t want to hijack a rattles thread but how are your AT3’s on wet tarmac and have you had a full yearks worth of seasons with them?

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:45 am

Good questions Tim.

I have only done about 4,000 miles in the van since these tyres were fitted sometime late summer 2023 so no, not a full season, but they seem fine under all the conditions encountered so far. I do tend to do a lot of exploring down little lanes etc. which is quite a good test.

More to the point perhaps I have had GG AT3's or their predecessors on at least three Discoveries and one Shogun for many years and over extended periods, meaning that I have run sets of these tyres on those vehicles for their full lives, which were normally 80 to 100 thousand miles, before replacing them. I do a lot of business mileage! I also last summer fitted a set on my VW Touareg and these are performing beautifully in all respects. On a very quiet performance car like the Touareg there is a tiny amount of road noise noticeable on some surfaces, but a vast improvement on that car too in terms of ride comfort, general handling and tracking etc.

I don't do any serious off-road stuff any more, just muddy tracks and fields when out hunting sunken boats etc., but in this era of potholes it is quite nice to feel that you have tyres that will stand a few more knocks than the average road tyre!
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:03 pm

Very helpful, thanks Bargee.

Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:52 pm

Thanks all for the posts will definitely try them 👍