The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to put the Shurflo? (Warwick Duo)

+3
Paulmold
TJB
AutoSleepy_Don
7 posters

Go down

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Empty Where to put the Shurflo? (Warwick Duo)

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:56 am

Can someone who has done a Shurflo conversion on a Warwick Duo say whereabouts in the van the Shurflo can be fitted?
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Empty Shurflo on a Kingham

Post by TJB Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:16 pm

PREVIEW
If it’s any help, I had a shurflo installed recently on a Kingham. It’s in the same place as the previous whale pressure switch under the bench seat. A surge damper was added. There was some slight rerouting of the pipe work from the whale input. No more airlocks or messing with the pressure switch. It works after travelling and every time after drain down and refilling. It’s quieter than the submersible.  I’ve since added a plywood partition to protect it, as the space is used for storage.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
TJB
TJB

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Empty Re: Where to put the Shurflo? (Warwick Duo)

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:44 am

Thanks for the response. up!

Here is a photo of the bench seat on a Warwick Duo. This is where I expect the Shurflo will be fitted. You see there is less room than a Kingham.

A nice helpful chap on facebook with a Duo has told me his pump is under the driver side rear bench/bed mounted on the vertical panel. I had just assumed these pumps had to be mounted on the floor but now I know there are more options.

The van is booked into the AS service centre in 2 weeks.
The lady from technical services couldn't say where they will mount the pump but she said "they do a lot of them" so I will leave it in their hands.

PS I am prepared for the Shurflo to be noisier than the submersible, especially if it goes on the vertical panel. The driving factor behind this change is that I can't get at the pump when it's in a tank under the van.

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Dllhos14
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Empty Re: Where to put the Shurflo? (Warwick Duo)

Post by Paulmold Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:59 am

"A nice helpful chap on facebook with a Duo has told me his pump is under the driver side rear bench/bed mounted on the vertical panel. I had just assumed these pumps had to be mounted on the floor but now I know there are more options."

I recognise the words used there, that FB guy was me.

Hope installation goes well.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Monty-Plym and Tinwheeler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:16 am

If a Shurflo pump is fitted do you leave original pump in the tank. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Empty Shurflo

Post by Kdc Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:26 pm

kevjan wrote:If a Shurflo pump is fitted do you leave original pump in the tank. Kevin
 Yes , done mine kev and it was pretty straight forward.

How to do can be found on forum.

Last edited by Kdc on Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:20 pm

Thanks Kdc. I will have a  look. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:45 pm

I fitted our Shurflo pump next to the Truma heater to cut down on pipe work etc. Worked fine overhere, but last summer in the heat of the South of France it stopped working until it cooled down. I actually carry a spare pump, but the replacement went the same way.I have now moved it towards the battery and all now seems fine. Our Duo has a cut out section to the off side bench, so space is even more limited.
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Bargee Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:22 pm

We always fitted Shurflos (in our hire narrow boats) on the engine room bulkhead in a vertical orientation. The engine rooms were quite hot but we never found that to be an issue with the pumps. Note that if installing on a vertical surface the motor should always be at the top for obvious reasons.
The Bargee
The Bargee

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2019

AutoSleepy_Don likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:38 pm

Shurflo Trail King 7 (20 psi) fitted at the AS service centre today.
The cost was £456 incl. vat and it took them 3 hours and they did remove the old pump (without me asking).

It is much quieter than I expected, even quieter than the submersible.
They fitted the 20psi model and there is quite a bit more pressure than the original submersible. If I switch the pump on, let it pressurise the system, then switch the pump off, there is pressure in the system for water to flow from the kitchen tap for 10 or 15 seconds. Enough to rinse a few cups without even running the pump.

Now the question is, should I get a spare?

Fitted here under the offside rear bench.
Where to put the Shurflo?  (Warwick Duo) Img_4010
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Back to top Go down