The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thule 6200 adjustment

+3
timsurf2021
Kdc
kevjan
7 posters

Go down

Thule 6200 adjustment Empty Thule 6200 adjustment

Post by kevjan Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:22 am

Morning all, I have looked through old threads but can not find how to adjust the angle that the Thule 6200 awning comes out at, when i wind out it clips the awning light and going back in it has to be lifted slightly to get it to pass the light. I have read on the Thule Webb site how to adjust and it mentions putting in washers but i cant understand where to put them. Has anyone done this or if not can anyone explain in easy language how to raise the angle slightly. Thanks for any info Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Thule 6200 adjustment Empty Re: Thule 6200 adjustment

Post by Kdc Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:58 am

I think any adjustment you make will affect the closing position in the cassette.Having said that I have not needed to adjust mine so have no experience.
Attached picture shows adjustment available which may or may not cure your situation.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:07 am

Thanks Kdc, this is where it gets confusing, in your picture there are no screws in the top 2 holes also i read in the Thule you need too add or remove washer's but not sure where from. Maybe next time i go west i will pop into Hill View awnings they are very good i went in there once before to get new clips too hold legs up and he showed me how to fix the new ones in. they are very helpfull. Thanks Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:21 am

There are 2 bolts and washers that adjust the angle of the awning, did you have the van from new? if so there should have been a plastic bag with 2 bolts, washers and instructions with the van. I first discovered this on my previous Kingham when the awning fouled the door when ajar, I cannot understand why this is not done at the factory, its not just A/S I have told several van owners about it including 3 friends with A/S vans.
With the awning wound out there are 2 plastic covers on the header rail that cover the adjusting points were the 2 bolts are screwed in, there are different number of washers for the various awnings. I will see if I still have the instructions, you should be able to find them on the Thule website.

Tim
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:30 am

Kevin,

Your motorhome would originally have come with a pack to adjust the awning.  Are you sure it is not in amongst the van documents pack?

The pack is simply two bolts fitted with an alan key, and eight washers.  It seems that these were never fitted on your van.  Some dealers fit them, whilst (most) others leave it for the customer.

See the instructions below.  I have fitted these many times, and two washers (fig 3c) is always best.  I suggest you contact Thule to get a pack with the bolts (which need to be the correct length) and washers.  The instructions are clear, and fitting them is a doddle.

Regards,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Fontie and Kdc like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:33 am

Hi Tim, no unfortunately we bought the van second hand its 2015 and we got it early this year, could be like us as you get older thing's start to droop. I have looked at the Thule instruction but can't figure what they are referring too. As i say probably easier to drop into Hill View i am sure they will sort it. Just seen the pictures of the adjustment so when it stop's raining i will take a look to see if that makes any sense to me. Thanks Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffee Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:28 pm

We bought ours new, I was told you must have the side door closed when opening and closing the awning. I was not supplied with any washers or an Allen key. Surprised to read this
Toffee

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:29 pm

Hi Toffee, yes i do operate the awning with sliding door closed but it catches on the light. Rocky i will try Hill View they are pretty good they might have the bolts i need. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:51 pm

This is the kit you get:

Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Fontie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:58 pm

We have the same problem with the awning fouling the sliding door.  The thread linked below has some helpful pictures from @Freelanderuk about where the pitch control bolts fit.  

I referred the issue to Thule Customer Support last week and they've agreed to send me a set of bolts.

It's irritating that AS do not get this done in the factory.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocky Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:48 pm

Toffee wrote:I was told you must have the side door closed when opening and closing the awning. I was not supplied with any washers or an Allen key. Surprised to read this

You were not served well by your dealer.  I think a lot of dealers don't actually know about these bolts, and the awning adjustment - having had to do it more than once in the past, I had to 'teach' my latest dealer what to do - they didn't have a clue.

Properly adjusted (see my post above), you should not have to close the door when opening/closing the awning, and it should not catch on anything.

It is important to observe the instructions from Thule on opening/closing the awning.  Open just a metre before putting the legs down, otherwise there will be too much strain on the mechanism, and then 'walk' the awning out to it's full extent.  Same in reverse.  (Sorry, suck/eggs, I know).

Regards,
Rocky
Rocky

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL MQ
Vehicle Year : 2023

Kemerton-bath likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by timsurf2021 Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:51 am

I agree with Rocky, my dealer had no idea about the pitch control bolts and plenty of other things, I have had 45 years in the motor trade and seem to know more about the van than the staff do.

Tim
timsurf2021
timsurf2021

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2021

Kemerton-bath likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kevjan Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:21 pm

Rocky all information is good for me as far as i am concerned you never stop learning. when the weather gets better ( April/ May) i will have a look. Kevin
kevjan
kevjan

Male

Back to top Go down