The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Pressure Adjustment

+3
ajrm
grumpy
Bartonfolk
7 posters

Go down

Water Pressure Adjustment Empty Water Pressure Adjustment

Post by Bartonfolk Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Does anyone know where the water pressure adjustment  nut/screw/switch is located on an Auto Sleeper Symbol (Dorset)? We had our water system modified on August 27th at A/S nr. Broadway so we now have a dual system. Works well apart from when we turn on the water the pump does not switch off, we have to do this via the control panel.  A/S told us to turn/adjust  the water pressure nut/screw. We asked where this was located and they were not sure!  Can any-one help please. scratch head
Bartonfolk
Bartonfolk

Female

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EK
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Water Pressure Adjustment Empty pressure switch

Post by grumpy Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Bartonfolk wrote:Does anyone know where the water pressure adjustment  nut/screw/switch is located on an Auto Sleeper Symbol (Dorset)? We had our water system modified on August 27th at A/S nr. Broadway so we now have a dual system. Works well apart from when we turn on the water the pump does not switch off, we have to do this via the control panel.  A/S told us to turn/adjust  the water pressure nut/screw. We asked where this was located and they were not sure!  Can any-one help please. scratch head

On my Dorset ES it is fitted under the rear offside seat
fitted on the bulkhead between cooker and seat.
Abit of trial and error to get the setting right.
grumpy
grumpy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : dorset

Back to top Go down

Water Pressure Adjustment Empty Re: Water Pressure Adjustment

Post by ajrm Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Its just a tiny bit of movement at a time to get it right, about 16th of a turn. A/S say its best to adjust it when on leisure battery power.
Allan

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2013 Broadway FB
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:07 pm

Bartonfolk wrote:Does anyone know where the water pressure adjustment  nut/screw/switch is located on an Auto Sleeper Symbol (Dorset)? We had our water system modified on August 27th at A/S nr. Broadway so we now have a dual system. Works well apart from when we turn on the water the pump does not switch off, we have to do this via the control panel.  A/S told us to turn/adjust  the water pressure nut/screw. We asked where this was located and they were not sure!  Can any-one help please. scratch head

On the bottom of the water pump. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Where the round disc piece is, the screw in the centre of that. It shows which direction to turn to increase or decrease pressure. I'm surprised A/S didn't know where it was.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartonfolk Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:36 pm

Many thanks to all three of you who replied to our request. We still cannot locate the water pump! We think its boxed in and needs to be accessed via the dealer or A/S. I'll call A/S again on Monday, but meanwhile many thanks for taking the time to get back to us.
Bartonfolk
Bartonfolk

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Bartonfolk wrote:Many thanks to all three of you who replied to our request. We still cannot locate the water pump! We think its boxed in and needs to be accessed via the dealer or A/S. I'll call A/S again on Monday, but meanwhile many thanks for taking the time to get back to us.

Not sure of your van layout but if there is a cupboard below the oven, have a look at the panel inside and if you see two scews.....undo them and remove the panel.....your water pump is behind there. At least that's where the pump in the Duetto is.
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartonfolk Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Many thanks Bulletguy but its not there! Going to take the van over to Marquis tomorrow to see if they can help. I'll let every-one know when we locate it! Thanks again
Bartonfolk
Bartonfolk

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisvesey Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:42 pm

hi,
in my symbol the pump is under the floor of the cupboard under the sink, you just poke your finger into the little hole and lift out the floor. If yours is not there try turning on a tap and listening for where the clonking noise is coming from,
chris
chrisvesey
chrisvesey
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : sold it
Vehicle Year : 2001

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:31 pm

I've read some of your earlier posts to find out what year your Dorset is and I've found it's a 2013. Is the pump in the tank by any chance, I remember posts regarding pumps in tanks on newer models?

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartonfolk Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:55 pm

Hello Chris and Paul
Chris its not where you suggested, Paul thats a thought we cant think where else it could be so you are probably right. We've tried to check where the sound of water filling/emptying comes from but its silent!
Thank you again for your suggestions.
Bartonfolk
Bartonfolk

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bartonfolk Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Well mystery solved! The pump was boxed in under the bench seat. We took it to Marquis today in Northampton, super service from them. The mechanic removed 4 concealed, flush  screws  and removed the panel to allow access. He said 'this took a bit of finding' but now we know! Adjustment made so very happy! thank you again to all who helped us.
Bartonfolk
Bartonfolk

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dunverig Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:58 am

On my 2013 Symbol the water pressure switch is located under the offside bench seat with the leisure battery and the water heater. To access you require to raise the seat then remove the hardboard top cover with the white inspection cap and you will see the switch is secured to the wall adjoining the oven. The switch itself is white plastic, has pipes coming/ going to it and as well as saying Whale on the actual switch/screw you turn it also says, in fairly small letters, 'pressure switch'. The switch is about the size and shape of a 20 pence piece. It is thanks to earlier contributions that I narrowed my search down to here.
Dunverig
Dunverig

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol

Back to top Go down