The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would this work - small drainage holes in sid

4 posters

Go down

Would this work - small drainage holes in sid Empty Would this work - small drainage holes in sid

Post by Angleseygirl Fri Jul 28, 2023 12:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Would this work - small drainage holes in sid Empty Re: Would this work - small drainage holes in sid

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:08 pm

If you're referring to the drainage holes in the side windows then in my experience, no it won't work as canned air simply doesn't have the oomph to clear them. It needs a high pressure airline and even then you're not guaranteed a successful outcome.

Oh hold on, I've just seen from your profile that you have a 2022 Kingham, in which case do you have the newer design side windows like that shown below? We have them in our 2020 Kemerton XL and they have bigger drain holes than in the previous design, in which case canned air may do the trick. Grateful if you'd confirm as my first response was based on the older style, flush-fitting side windows.

Tim

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Would this work - small drainage holes in sid Empty Re: Would this work - small drainage holes in sid

Post by Dbvwt Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:22 pm

Purely out of interest, are yours blocked already on a 2022 van?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Angleseygirl Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:36 pm

Thanks for the responses - I’ve had absolutely no problems with the holes in my 2022 van (with the sleek windows as pictured - cheers KB) but I do like to keep on top of any maintenance so was just thinking of giving it a go. My friend works with computers and may have a few of this type of can, hence the question. In response to DBVWT, touching wood, our van has been an absolute delight during its first 10 months / 10,000 miles - as were my previous 2 AS :-)
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:50 pm

Yes, also touching wood, my van and more specifically the window drainage holes have been without issue in over 4 years and I haven’t done a single thing to them in that time.
I might be wrong but I think the main problem with the drainage was the way the windows were fitted in some vans, sealant blocking the tiny drainage channels. If you were lucky (like I assume I was) the channels weren’t blocked at installation.
I would guess your new version will not cause any problems but preventative maintenance never does any harm. Personally, I would just flush it through with a hosepipe/watering can every so often even just to confirm they are still clear.
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Angleseygirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:13 pm

There’s a big difference between the two window designs. The current design has better seals, so less likelihood of water ingress, but if it should occur then the drainage holes are substantially bigger and multi-channeled. Having suffered with the previous design I’ve taken a keen interest in the new version. 

Nevertheless I like the preventative maintenance approach and will follow your lead AG!

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Angleseygirl Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:24 pm

I’m waiting for an upturn in the weather for another UK trip (maybe some time looking at the forecasts) so have to find something to “furtle” with. I even cleaned the insides of the windows today, no more canine nose art!
Angleseygirl
Angleseygirl

Female

Kemerton-bath likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:50 am

Edit to my earlier post/comment about flushing with a hosepipe…. of course the drain holes are on the inside of the glass so that would not be advisable!!
It had been a long day smile!
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Kemerton-bath likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagabike Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:08 pm

Have used fluffy white pipe cleaners to unblock/clean out window drain holes. Seem to work with no apparent damage.
Sagabike
Sagabike

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down