The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Symbol Plus Sink Drainage

4 posters

Go down

Symbol Plus Sink Drainage Empty Symbol Plus Sink Drainage

Post by Greig Brown Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:35 pm

After long wait, new 2023 Symbol Plus delivered from dealer beginning of June 2023. 2 days later filled kitchen sink with water ---- no drainage occurred at all! Bailed it out. Back to Autosleeper dealer. They spent a couple of hours "fixing" the problem! They say it's a "design fault! The waste pipe was routed over rear axle -- i.e. an uphill run to the waste tank --- so they re-routed it under the rear axle. Result: We now have trickle drainage from kitchen sink! When I complained about that, I was told by Autosleeper dealer that it was all to do with the outlet diameter & routage of the waste pipe, and nothing more could be done! I now carry a plunger to expedite emptying of the sink, which is the first time I have had to do this having owned numerous makes of motorhome & campervan over a 30 year period. Seems strange that a manufacturer with 60 years of build experience should expect owners to live with such a pathetic drainage system! Any suggestions to improve matters welcome!
Greig Brown
Greig Brown

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol Plus
Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down

Symbol Plus Sink Drainage Empty Re: Symbol Plus Sink Drainage

Post by Paulmold Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:50 pm

While you wait for responses, please take a minute to introduce yourselves as requested....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by quentinsf Sun Jul 09, 2023 2:36 pm

Yes, it does seem to be a problem - ours (2019) drains very slowly too, and I wondered whether it might be a bit clogged up, but the fact that your new one has the same issues may mean that I just need to learn to accept slow drainage!

I did try a plunger, which didn't make any real difference. Somebody elsewhere suggested that plungers on a small system like this were dangerous because the pressure could cause connectors to pop apart, so I may only try it when I have the waste tap open...
quentinsf
quentinsf

Male

Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Sun Jul 09, 2023 3:03 pm

I cut 3 of the spokes out of the steel sink plug hole to make the exits of water a little faster , used a dremill with small cutter

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

quentinsf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Symbol Plus Sink Drainage Empty Symbol Plus Drainage

Post by Greig Brown Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:07 pm

Many thanks for the helpful replies. Looks like there is an underlying design problem. So much for their advertising boast of "60 years experience" building motorhomes & camper vans!
Greig Brown
Greig Brown

Male

Vehicle Year : 2023

Back to top Go down