The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fridge

2 posters

Go down

Fridge Empty Fridge

Post by Sapper Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:44 pm

Hi We've got a 2020 WXL which has a Thetford N4000 series fridge. I got it down to temperature last night but after opening the door just a few times today the temp is ut to 8-9 degrees. We're going away in the morning so really need the fridge, the van is perfectly level and I know it's been a hot day but what's the best way to get temp down?

I'm sure the fridge is working because I can feel some heat coming out of the top vent outside. At the moment it's set on electric so would it be better on gas for a start.

I used to put ice packs in but our freezer indoors is full and there wasn't any room.

Would really appreciate any help, thanks.
Sapper
Sapper

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Fridge Empty Re: Fridge

Post by Dbvwt Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:15 pm

That’s very strange, I’ve been in the New Forest for the past 3 days and the fridge (N3000 series) has performed faultlessly. This was on gas but last weekend on EHU with similar hot temperatures it was equally brilliant.
Something doesn’t sound quite right?

Edit.. I took my fridge vent covers off the day I bought my van and they haven’t been on since as I tend to camp only in warmer weather. I’m sure yours are off but just a thought?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down