The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon

3 posters

Go down

AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon  Empty AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon

Post by sylvester1954 Tue May 02, 2023 3:43 am

Got back home here in North Cornwall after nice drive around France and Spain.
Sadly one bad day where a french driver sideswiped my Kingham leaving a slight gouge almost the full n/s length and ripped some of the plastic trim. At least he was decent enough to accept the blame and we dealt with his insurance company immediately.
My question on here is to find out if anyone can recommend a good body repair garage in the north of Cornwall or west Devon. I've been told in the past that the AS blue body paint is difficult to match so l do need the comfort of knowing someone out there knows someone?
Many thanks in hopeful anticipation.
sylvester1954
sylvester1954

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kingham
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon  Empty Re: AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon

Post by rgermain Tue May 02, 2023 3:58 am

Should not be a problem with a paint match if you go to paint repair body shop. I assume your's is a Peugeot or Fiat and it was supplied that colour and was not sprayed by AS. I had mine resprayed on the N/S due to me hitting a bridge on Dartmoor, very good match, although the repair shop said the van had a very thin coat of paint! from the factory, well they are commercial vans he said.

Sorry don't know any shops your way, I searched around here and found the one with the best reviews.

Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

sylvester1954 likes this post

Back to top Go down

AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon  Empty Re: AS Kingham. Body repair in Cornwall or Devon

Post by Tinwheeler Tue May 02, 2023 5:11 am

Keith Rule of Nanpean is used by insurance companies and does a good job but is not quite in the area you stipulate, unfortunately.
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

sylvester1954 likes this post

Back to top Go down