The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear door water ingress

3 posters

Go down

Rear door water ingress Empty Rear door water ingress

Post by iandsm Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:25 pm

I Have food some water staining on the offside rear door of our Autosleeper based on a boxer van . This is greater near the hinge side going up about four inches and tapers off down to nothing on the other side of the door. I have visually checked the door seal and can see no obvious damage however if I put a piece of paper over the seal and close the door I can pul the paper out with little resistance which I cannot do on the nearside door which does not leak. This seems to indicate the door seal is not as tight as it should be so I think a possible cure is adjusting the door catch to make the door a tighter fit thus making a better seal. Or perhaps installing a second self adhesive seal on the door to butt against the original seal to close any small gasp. I was wondering of anyone else has had the same issue and whether they found a solution.
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleepers
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Rear door water ingress Empty Re: Rear door water ingress

Post by v8oholic Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:58 pm

Yes, I have this problem on both rear doors (as well as the side door). It has been evaluated by Marquis and we are currently awaiting warranty work to replace all the rubber seals, which don’t appear to be watertight despite adjusting the doors.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

IanJohnson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:31 pm

Read through these threads..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

IanJohnson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by iandsm Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:30 pm

Just an update, I have carefully cleaned all the rubber seals on the rear doors and given them a good coat of silicone. We have had some heavy rain and wind and have had no further leaks. I am wondering if the leak was caused when we had some really torrential rain accompanied by exceptional winds last week and if this leak was a one off, or perhaps that there was some dirt or debris on the seals which was the problem, lets wait and see.
iandsm
iandsm

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleepers
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down