The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer

3 posters

Go down

Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer Empty Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer

Post by TreeTopRainbow Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:51 pm

Hi, trundled all over Europe in the heat-wave ...me and the springer fabulous experience. Thought the heatwave was heating my water up to a high temperature.
Not so, just put van on EHU and my hot water is on. I now think the inner water tank is emptied (not sure) for winter storage...tank feels flexable when pressing it in with my hand. Just put a heater into van to keep it warm...and thought..omg the heater is warm....turned switch down turned it off ...still was heating up. So switched eHU off. Guess will have to leave as it is...
Any suggestions....guess I need to run all the taps and water out before tonights freeze? ...thoughts  and suggestions please. Thanks
TreeTopRainbow
TreeTopRainbow

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer Empty Re: Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer

Post by TonyB Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:44 pm

Hi,sounds like the electric heating element is on as this is seperate from the gas heater controls.There should be an on /off switch for the electric heater in the small cupboard under the cooker.
TonyB
TonyB

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer Empty Re: Xmas cheer - Water heater issues since summer

Post by TreeTopRainbow Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:46 pm

Brilliant - thanks  TonyB - I will go and look
TreeTopRainbow
TreeTopRainbow

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot
Vehicle Year : 2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:12 pm

If the tank really has been drained then there is a possibility that you will have tripped the over-heat cutout on the electric heating element. That's likely to depend on how long it was on, and whether the tank is fully drained, or only partially.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down