The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan?

+2
Paulmold
Stuart8
6 posters

Go down

Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan? Empty Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan?

Post by Stuart8 Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:07 pm

I was surprised to find that my Warwick Duo was registered as a PLG (Private Light Goods) on the V5.
Has anyone managed to register their van with the DVLA as a Motor Caravan on their V5?

Thanks
Stuart
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan? Empty Re: Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan?

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm

My Sussex Duo (Marquis version of Warwick Duo) shows as Body Type-Motor Caravan, Taxation Class -Private Light Goods
Mine is also registered 2010.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo

frederic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan? Empty Re: Registering a Warwick Duo as a Motor Caravan?

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:42 pm

Same here Paul, seems strange that this isn’t also the case? What do you have in the 2 fields Stuart?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart8 Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:30 pm

Thanks for coming back to me, this is what my V5 states.
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:38 pm

My Nuevo was originally had something else as the body type (can't recall now) so I wrote to DVLA, sending photos as required (showing that it had side windows and showing the interior etc - they specified what to send) and without delay or fuss I received a new V5C which shows exactly as that in Paul's photo above.

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:43 pm

If you wish to have it changed by dvla, this document lists the details you need to provide....

Donator
Donator

Male

Cymro and Stuart8 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart8 Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:05 pm

The duo does not have a fixed table which is a requirement on the checklist
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:27 pm

But surely as a conversion from a reputable company such as A/S the Motor Caravan status should be a given?
I put a self build VW T5 through the DVLA around that era and got the Motor Caravan on the V5 despite one or two shortcomings.
Interesting to hear from other owners of similar vans as to what is documented on their V5s?
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:12 pm

Stuart8 wrote:The duo does not have a fixed table which is a requirement on the checklist
Read the internal requirements and you'll find this...

This equipment must be rigidly fixed to the living compartment; however, the table may be designed to be easily removable.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart8 Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:21 pm

It’s not rigidly fixed to the living compartment. It is kept on a shelve above the cab and sits on the floor when in use, no rigid fixings.
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:47 pm

Point taken, I changed mine to a table that fits on the coffee table rail on back door.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Stuart8 Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:45 pm

At a Campervan show this weekend going to look for a table that could attach to, and slide out under the wardrobe.
Stuart8
Stuart8

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:06 pm

IMO this is clearly an error from when the vehicle was first registered, and I would approach the DVLA from that standpoint. My understanding is that it is now very difficult to get the "body type" changed because of conversion after the vehicle was first registered, so you need to avoid that procedure if at all possible.

In reality it won't make any difference financially, as the road tax won;t change. However, it will almost certainly change the speed limits that apply to your vehicle - limits that you may not have been aware of?
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:07 pm

It’s surprising to hear that it wasn’t originally registered as a motor caravan, and perhaps it was an oversight on behalf of the supplying dealer, or DVLA. This was given as the reason for the delay getting the V5 when I bought mine, because motorhome registration is a manual process requiring paper forms and someone has to process and rubber stamp it at the DVLA. I would think its quite important to have it corrected, with the likelihood that new clean air zones may penalise commercial vans, but not necessarily motorhomes.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Cymro and Stuart8 like this post

Back to top Go down