The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer

2 posters

Go down

Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer Empty Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer

Post by purdyhorse Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:23 pm

The small (c. 15" x 4") plastic panel I refer to sits immediately below the drinks holder at the bottom of the dashboard console between the seats and is directly above the carpet. It appears to be secured by a screw type fixing near to each of its horizontal ends, so logic suggests that if I remove said fixings I will get the access I need. However, after a life time's experience of enduring the consequences of Murphy's Law, I fear that removing them will lead to my discovering that they are spring loaded and everything behind them will irreparably (at least by me!) fall apart. 
Can anyone give me comfort that this won't happen?
Have asked my Peugeot dealer but they said they thought it would be okay to proceed but suggested I book it in for them to look at, however, given their labour rates, I'd prefer to try and sort it myself.
All advice will be gratefully received.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer Empty Re: Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer

Post by Relaxez-Vous Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:42 pm

My obvious first question is why, what treasures do you expect behind this panel, or what treasure do you want to hide there?

I'm not certain what panel interests you, do you need to open the middle hinged glove box?

Personally I'd like to know where our dealer or our dealer's sub-contractor hid the very basic parking sensor control box in our Boxer that they fitted. I am unable to add any of their extra led display units. At purchase I was never included in the decision loop about my options here. I wanted extra parking sensors additional to the standard rear view camera.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL

Back to top Go down

Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer Empty Re: Removing bottom fascia panel on a 2019 Boxer

Post by purdyhorse Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:05 pm

It’s the panel at the bottom of the central part of the console that touches the carpet and faces the gap between the driver’s and passenger’s seats.
No, I am not trying to open the hinged glove box and no, I’m not seeking hidden treasure, just trying to remedy stupid operator (as in my) error, hence my (meant to be humorous) ‘don’t ask’ remark.
purdyhorse
purdyhorse

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL

Back to top Go down