The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12v Charging

5 posters

Go down

12v Charging Empty 12v Charging

Post by Bill Sun May 22, 2022 4:14 pm

I have now had several trips away in my , new to me, 2017 Symbol and enjoying it with a lot of assistance from members on this forum.  I have only just realised that I am away on Saturday for a week and have up until now only had electric hook up.  Having come from a caravan with several 12V and USB sockets my Symbol has only one 12V socket, not through the ignition, and that is for the TV.  What to people do about about regular charging of mobile phones etc. ?    Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

12v Charging Empty Re: 12v Charging

Post by Dbvwt Sun May 22, 2022 6:24 pm

I fitted a dual USB socket and at the time tapped into the existing 12v socket for its power. It’s now got it’s own 12v feed.
I know many use those multi sockets plugged into the 12v socket but I hate a load of trailing wires.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyB Sun May 22, 2022 6:58 pm

Worth checking you dont have a USB point in the middle cab storage box.There is one on my van at the top inside.If not on my previous older vans I used a small phone power bank which
was good for 4 phone charges.About £15 to £20 from amazon
TonyB
TonyB

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Fri May 27, 2022 2:05 pm

TonyB wrote:Worth checking you dont have a USB point in the middle cab storage box.There is one on my van at the top inside.If not on my previous older vans I used a small phone power bank which
was good for 4 phone charges.About £15 to £20 from amazon
Thank you.  I found the USB socket in the middle cab storage box but again that only works with the ignition on.  Bill
Bill
Bill

Male

Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 27, 2022 2:33 pm

I use a 12V splitter which also has 2xUSB and a USB-C port. It's this one (discontinued, though):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's not ideal from the clutter point of view, but once the warranty is up, changes will be made.

I find that for my needs, USB-C is becoming more important than USB now. It's a lot faster for charging things. I have another 12V USB-C charger which is 100W.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by IanH Fri May 27, 2022 2:50 pm

Not now having a posemobile, this works well for me, one day I'll box it in! 3 x 12v 1 USB high power, 3 x USB. Wired via inline fuse direct to LB so available when needed, it is switched too and has a built in voltmeter! Circa £12 ebay!
Thing below is the 300w inverter, also needing boxed in![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down