The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battery Charging

4 posters

Go down

Battery Charging Empty Battery Charging

Post by HildaB Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi there, can anyone help. It says in the instruction manual for our Duetto that it has installed an X-3 battery charging unit. How does this work? My partner was under the impression that when the van is being driven the battery is charged up and also the leisure battery. In the instruction manual is says that if it needs recharging do this via the 240v link up.

I have done what the instruction manual says ie. press in the READ button and if it shows green it is fully charged, but if red it needs recharging. It does show green.

My partner is only querying this now as he has just charged the battery manually and queried the lesure battery. Any help appreciated.

I know it sounds a bit washy but I am unfortunately the message passer on.
HildaB
HildaB

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

Battery Charging Empty Re: Battery Charging

Post by deckie Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi HildaB,

Your partner is correct …… When driving both Batteries will be charged (If all is working correctly )

The fitted Battery charger works (If switched on) when you are on Mains Hook-up.

I am not familiar with the whereabouts of the Duetto’s Battery Charger/switch …… but I’m sure someone will be along shortly with more info up!

Brian

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman GL

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm

I have a VW Topaz which also has a X-3 battery charging unit installed. As I understand it, when the engine is running both the vehicle and the auxillery battries are being charged by the alternator. When static for a couple of days and using power from the auxillery battery or doing short runs in may become necessary to have electric hook-up and switch the battry charger to top-up the battery.

Hope this info is of some use,

Keith
Keith
Keith

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Topaz

Back to top Go down

Post by RoadRunner Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:25 pm

I too have a Topaz. Mine charges both batteries when driving but only the leisure battery on hookup. I have an Optimate Charger to top the engine battery up when parked up with a cigarette lighter adapter to charge when onsite
RoadRunner
RoadRunner

Auto-Sleeper Model : VW T4 TOPAZ

Back to top Go down

Battery Charging Empty Battery Charging

Post by HildaB Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks to you all for your replies. We have now been away for two weeks and got the hang of things.

One again many thanks. allthumbz
HildaB
HildaB

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down