The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carver cascade rapide leak

2 posters

Go down

Carver cascade rapide leak Empty Carver cascade rapide leak

Post by peterbennett9 Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Hi guys the Carver Cascade Rapide in my Symphony stopped working last night while we are away for easter, green light as normal on control panel but no hot water, i took the cowl off and burner unit out thinking maybe 1a fuse had gone, it was intact, however I noticed a small amount of water in the control board housing, upon inspection it seems the cylinder is leaking slightly, probably around the large O ring, and this has damaged the circuit board. The instruction manual mentions a bypass tool i can use after draining the tank to allow me to still use the cold water system without the tank filling up, it goes into the drain plug and screws in pushing against the non return valve, I don’t appear to have this tool but have several spare non returns valves, does anyone know what this tool looks like? Or where i could get one so i can use the van while i get the hot water unit fixed or any other way of doing this? Would like to continue our trip if possible

Thanks
peterbennett9
peterbennett9

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Auto-Sleeper Symphon
Vehicle Year : 1998

Back to top Go down

Carver cascade rapide leak Empty Re: Carver cascade rapide leak

Post by Paulmold Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:21 pm

It looks like a 3/8" dowel about 3" long with a step down at one end about 1" long.
I believe it is inserted into the drain hole and held in place by the drain plug.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down