The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairford Plus Rear Sofas

3 posters

Go down

Fairford Plus Rear Sofas Empty Fairford Plus Rear Sofas

Post by Sleepy42 Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:56 pm

Hi, 

I bought a new Fairford Plus but can't figure out how to set up the rear sofas.  Most of the time I have the rear bed set up and I can see that the two halves of the bed are the back and the base of the parallel sofas, but I can't figure out what/where the legs are!  Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Ps it doesn't have the legs clipped on the frame as in one of the setup videos we've seen on the web.
Sleepy42
Sleepy42

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Fairford Plus
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Fairford Plus Rear Sofas Empty Re: Fairford Plus Rear Sofas

Post by Epicurus Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:34 pm

I have a 2020 FP and both sofas have a pair of fold out legs that need to be unclipped to use, they are easy to spot as they have black/brown plastic feet.

If you can't see them then it sounds like they are missing!

I've come to the conclusion the rear sofas in the FP are only useful for tying you shoelaces as the legs are too short leaving the benches tilting towards the floor, very uncomfortable!  Hence I only tend to use the rear of the van with either the bed permanently in situ or the benches folded up completely.  I guess I could modify the legs but the USP of the van is the storage space, otherwise I could have bought a standard Fairford which has a fantastic rear lounge/bed.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Vehicle Year : 2020

Sleepy42 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy42 Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:39 pm

Many thanks for your post.  Mine doesn't have the fold out legs and doesn't even seem to have any sign of where they might be "missing" from.  It's all a bit odd.  That said I suspect we'll mostly travel with the bed set up and all our stuff in the garage underneath, so it isn't a disaster, but it would have been nice to have had the option.  Thanks again.
Sleepy42
Sleepy42

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Epicurus Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:47 pm

Well they're clearly missing so you should probably aim to have them fitted at some point.

I recently took mine back to AS in the Cotswolds to have a missing garage door fitted, out of interest does yours have that?  (Adjacent to the washroom).  AS Service told me since I booked last year they've had 3 other FP owners book in for the same thing.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy42 Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:53 pm

Yes, I do have the door.  As you say that's by the washroom.  It folds away when you need the open space at the back and then folds out and sits under the bed when folded out.  I'm taking the van back to the dealership I bought it from tomorrow for a couple of minor tweaks so will have a chat with them about the missing legs.
Sleepy42
Sleepy42

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am

I viewed my new Fairford Plus yesterday before delivery. It did not have the legs either and the salesperson said they're no longer being fitted on the latest models, only the Fairford. Be interested to hear what they tell you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sleepy42 Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Many thanks for your replies.  When I went back to the dealership I was also was told that the legs were no longer being fitted on the Fairford Plus.  In fairness, our van will spend most of its life with the bed in place and we'll be using the garage space underneath.  Thanks again.
Sleepy42
Sleepy42

Male

katefairford likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AutoSleepy_Don Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:02 pm

I note the marketing material on the AS web site show the rear sofa with legs, I don't know if that means you can expect your van to have the legs legally speaking.

Is the rear sofa still usable as a sofa without legs?

I really like the FP layout with a high bed and garage underneath.  That will definitely be the layout of our next van (though I want a 6m so likely be an Adria)
AutoSleepy_Don
AutoSleepy_Don

Male

Member Age : 62
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by Epicurus Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:16 pm

That's very interesting to hear they are no longer being fitted and, frankly, quite remarkable when considering the USP of this model.  When I was at the AS factory earlier this year I commented on the fact the legs are too short meaning the bench seat when made always leaves you angled slightly to the ground.  I was told that's just how they are...

They simply aren't the most comfy bench seats, especially compared to a typical AS van, but they are still useful.  I also like that you can have one bench down and the other folded up making the carrying space quite versatile.
Epicurus
Epicurus

Male

Back to top Go down