The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors.

5 posters

Go down

Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors. Empty Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors.

Post by Gritto Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 am

Hi

I have bought a Warwick XL 2017 and take delivery in April. I am in discussions with the dealer, Simpsons, to fit a 320 litre rear box.
They are open to this but state that it needs to be fitted on a bike rack. Is this correct as according to the Fiamma site rear boxes should not be fitted to double opening rear doors on overlapping bike racks.
Has anybody fitted a rear box to their van and can they offer any advice.
Gritto
Gritto

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors. Empty Re: Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors.

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:21 am

This set up worked for me. Fiamma bike rack and box.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors. Empty Re: Rear Fiamma box fitted to rear doors.

Post by kaspian Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:26 am

I fitted a 500l Fiamma to my van with the Fiamma  bike rack. I can see where they are coming from as the rails are fitted offset to the left of the vertical support bar frame so they do not stick out beyond the offside of the van. This then means that you could overload the lhs of the box and supporting rack if not sensible while  loading.  We used ours to carry large lightweight items and it is great for that use. I fabricated a couple of extra supports and it was rock solid . I cant see us using it again on the new van so will shortly be selling everything from our old van such as new towbar/wiring, Fiamma bike rack and Fiamma ultra box , not much help to you I know but watch this space ...
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:36 am

I have a Fiamma 320 mounted on a cycle rack on the RH rear door. I cut the cycle bars down to the same size as the box which allows me to access the external door handle.
I manage to get the small chairs, ramps, wheel pads, water container, and collapsable trolley,   toilet fluids,  Silver Screen or Solar Screen (depends on time of year) and other small assorted items in it.
Looks similar to Peters picture above  (dont know if your remember Peter but we downed a few bottles of Red in that awning)
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Brown Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:46 am

I remember well Roger, I reckon 2005?
Peter Brown
Peter Brown
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 72
Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EB

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Gritto wrote:Hi

I have bought a Warwick XL 2017 and take delivery in April. I am in discussions with the dealer, Simpsons, to fit a 320 litre rear box.
They are open to this but state that it needs to be fitted on a bike rack. Is this correct as according to the Fiamma site rear boxes should not be fitted to double opening rear doors on overlapping bike racks.
Has anybody fitted a rear box to their van and can they offer any advice.

Loads of van conversions have rear boxes fitted and loads more people have had them and found they don't really need it, the XL is a big van with quite a lot of storage from what I can see so maybe as you as yet have not actually used the van you might find like I did that the Box was not really needed. 
Not trying to "teach you how to suck eggs" but simply advising my own experience, when I bought my current van I did have a bike rack fitted in case I needed to fit a box, have now sold the box, and taken off the rack.

David

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 74
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down