The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eberspacher Airtronic D2

5 posters

Go down

eberspacher Airtronic D2 Empty eberspacher Airtronic D2

Post by david last Mon 04 Apr 2022, 3:02 pm

Hello, getting ready for first outing and after an error over getting the gas water heater to work, thanks to Roger, I now have a problem with the central heating,  which might be needed just after Easter.
It is the Eberspacher Airtronic D2
I switch it on and the red led lights. The fan runs slowly for a short while then there is a click and the fan speeds up giving warm air.
It runs for about 15 mins then the fan stops. I assumed it had reached a pre-set temperature. However, I then wait  a long time for it to re start, the van meantime having cooled right down.
In fact it does not re-start. Switching off and re-starting does not work. Waiting 24 hours I can then go through the same routine. The temperature control knob is set to maximum.
This seem a complicated device and I have this time! removed vent covers.
Can anyone offer advice
david last
david last

Male

Member Age : 81
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

eberspacher Airtronic D2 Empty Eberspacher d2

Post by tallslimdave Mon 04 Apr 2022, 3:14 pm

The Eberspacher  d2 needs good charged max battery to start,try it with ehu connected if poss,see what happens!the temp dial is not a thermostat,it governs the heater output temp but quite crudely.hope this helps,
Dave h
tallslimdave
tallslimdave

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto

Back to top Go down

eberspacher Airtronic D2 Empty Re: eberspacher Airtronic D2

Post by Relaxez-Vous Mon 04 Apr 2022, 10:23 pm

When we had our Duetto with it's Eberspacher D2 I seem to remember the temperature control did act like a thermostat. We could set a temperature and the unit would switch off and on to maintain the temperature we chose. It didn't control via the heat output rather for how long it remained on until it reached the set temperature point. Ideally you need to be on EHU because the current drain is significant during start ups.

As mentioned before on ASOF, in our 2003 Duetto we had to have A-S run thicker wire to the Eberspacher to overcome the reduction in supply voltage, it won't work properly on a reduced voltage. I learnt of this at an ASOC AGM in 2008. After this off-grid Eberspacher use was far better. In a 2006 van I'd expect A-S would have used thicker wire from new, but I'm not certain.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by KMRTOPAZ Mon 04 Apr 2022, 10:49 pm

Eberspacher do recommend an annual service.  I stretched that to three years but my D2 was more reliable after a service. Clean, check sensor and replace the small glow plug. £150 for service kit plus an hour labour.
Keith
KMRTOPAZ
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 91
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz T5
Vehicle Year : 2013

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2022, 5:47 am

KMRTOPAZ wrote:Eberspacher do recommend an annual service.  I stretched that to three years but my D2 was more reliable after a service. Clean, check sensor and replace the small glow plug. £150 for service kit plus an hour labour.
Keith

You can buy a complete Chinese heater which is just as good and will have fewer issues on eBay for £90 I have 4 and they are incredible

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Hampshire hog Thu 05 May 2022, 9:58 am

Replaced my heater for £120 from Amazon fitting took approx 1 hr. 
Instruction book in English but not as we know it!! Look on YouTube for info. Only had new heater for less than 2 months so far very pleased with performance.
Hampshire hog
Hampshire hog

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz

Back to top Go down