The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INTERNAL BLINDS AND INSECT PANELS

Go down

INTERNAL BLINDS AND INSECT PANELS Empty INTERNAL BLINDS AND INSECT PANELS

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I bought this 1991 VW T4 Trident after it had stood outside for a couple of years and water had collected on the roll up blinds in each window gulley, and as those who followed my original dialogue when I bought the van, the interior was a mess and I steam cleaned all the cloth surfaces including the roof etc and replaced the vent in the roof which was partly responsible for the ingress of water. The roller blinds were rotten and held the water well on the inside. I took out all the plastic archetrave as well leaving a nice 2" wide gap all round the larger windows both sides. The curtains were all replaced at the same time, however, I would like to try and place some form of insect screen and blinds back into the older variant of the T series. I was considering buying relevant, even slatted blinds from say Dunelms after trawling every site possible including our reliable favourites VW Heritage who couldn't held.
Anybody got any solutions please?

Those that I passed the seemstress's details to on here, who replaced the rotten curtains in ours after purchase, may have tackled this issue!!
Hope she did you a good job for you and pleased with the professional finish with studs etc, to those 5 or 6 I gave her details. up!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down