The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing leaking taps of water tanks Trooper

Go down

Replacing leaking taps of water tanks Trooper Empty Replacing leaking taps of water tanks Trooper

Post by andrewedmondson Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:08 pm

I would love to know how Autosleeper decided on the positioning of the inspection covers of the water and waste tanks of the Trooper (and probably other models).
It is impossible to reach the taps by hand, which is presumably the reason for having the inspection holes!
I adapted a piece of plastic pipe to reach the waste tank tap. After a lot of fiddling, I managed to get the washer and nut on.
I now have to do the same with the water tank but this is even further from the tap and requires a right-angle pipe adapter.
Coupled with the rusted hangers and nuts (why didn't they use stainless steel beneath the van?), I wonder if Autosleeper ever imagined that their vans might last 18 years, as in my case?
Photos to follow.
andrewedmondson
andrewedmondson

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Replacing leaking taps of water tanks Trooper Empty Re: Replacing leaking taps of water tanks Trooper

Post by andrewedmondson Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:46 am

Upon reflection, I don't think it's possible to reach the tap on the water tank through the current inspection hole. The only alternative is to drill a new inspection hole and fibreglass over it or glue in a plug. Thanks Autosleeper.
andrewedmondson
andrewedmondson

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down