The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trooper water tank drain taps

3 posters

Go down

Trooper water tank drain taps Empty Trooper water tank drain taps

Post by minermick Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:54 pm

Hello All

I`m a newbie having just discovered this site while searching for tips on this problem. Hope this site is as good as the AS service.

Does anyone have any tips on how to replace these taps?
Both mine need replacing but the taps appear to be secured with a nut on the inside of the tank which means the tank has to be removed to reach inside the tank through the large opening on the underside, or does it? Hoping someone has had and overcome this problem.

Grateful for any tips or replies in general.

Thanks
Mick

scratch head
minermick
minermick

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Trooper water tank drain taps Empty Re: Trooper water tank drain taps

Post by Dave 418 Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

wave Hi Mick, Not sure if any one has said it but welcome to the forum, all questions daft or technical an answer will be know by one of us. scratch head

Right now regarding the water tank taps. Yes if they are like mine, Duetto, they have a nut inside. The tanks are not too hard to lower. I put a trolley jack under the support wood after a good spraying of easing fluid on the hangers.
I have heard of the threaded hangers snapping in service allowing the tank to drop. Considering the weight of a full water tank four pieces of bent rod and a lengh of plywood seems a bit crude. shrugg  They can be made from threaded rod from the likes of Screw Fix. I will check mine on my pre MOT crawl round.
When I replaced my waste tap I extended the drain pipe and clipped it to the underside of the door sill. Some sites don't have the drains very well thought out and are too far away to reach with the original pipe.
 Good luck, up!
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by finbar Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:08 pm

I'm going to replace my waste tank drain tap on our Trident.
I'm looking at fitting Parts from CAK tanks to bring the outlet closer to the side of the van and give it a larger bore to stop blockage.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I would like to find out what size the hole for the tap is before I try and remove the tank. I'm presuming it's to accept a 3/8 BSP fitting.

finbar
finbar
finbar

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : VW Trident
Vehicle Year : 1996

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:02 am

scratch head Sorry I cant help with the sizes. There was a new tap in the drawer when we bought the van. I bought a short stub with a back nut for the waste tank to match and a 2mtr piece of pipe. As I said the pipe is fastened to the underside of the sill with Terry clips. The pipe can be unclipped as much as needed to reach the drain.
So far I have not forgotten to secure  the pipe, I will cover that later. Whistle1
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down