The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery switch and a flashing light.

3 posters

Go down

Mystery switch and a flashing light. Empty Mystery switch and a flashing light.

Post by Bobskate Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:44 am

I suspect I asked this question some years ago but have forgotten the answer. (No ageist comments please hugegrins)

Warwick Duo 2015. Under the driver’s side bench on a wooden upright panel near the boiler is an illuminated switch. What is if for? The manual is silent. Looks vital but I know not why.  Also on the rotary switch having put the boiler on water on electricity I get an amber flashing light in the 8’o’ clock position. The book tells me amber means heating up but nothing about it flashing. Thanks in advance.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Mystery switch and a flashing light. Empty Re: Mystery switch and a flashing light.

Post by Brian6 Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:52 am

Bob
The red light below the bed seat, is for the frost prevention switch on the tanks below the van.
Brian6
Brian6

Male

Member Age : 77
Vehicle Year : 2018

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Mystery switch and a flashing light. Empty Re: Mystery switch and a flashing light.

Post by Bobskate Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:01 pm

Of course I remember now. It’s in addition to the one by the door. Thanks Brian.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Yes  - near Door switch for fresh tank's heater pad; most awkward to reach switch is for grey water heater pad. Never used either....

Can't help re amber flashing light. My (same year) van doesn't have an amber light as far as I know. I assume yours is a Truma?

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobskate Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Thanks. I’ve  never used either…either. Yes a Truma. Anyway it’s going in tomorrow to have a new roof light fitted; not the ones with the winding handle but a simpler push up version. I will get them to look at the boiler controls. I should have added it doesn’t heat the water on electricity. According to the manual a flashing red indicates a fault but this is definitely amber.
Bobskate
Bobskate
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down