The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz T4 (2000) Exhaust

3 posters

Go down

Topaz T4 (2000) Exhaust Empty Topaz T4 (2000) Exhaust

Post by Skeena Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Hi folks, before I trundle down to the usual exhaust centres in this part of North Yorkshire can you tell me if the exhaust system on the Topaz T4 is any different to the standard arrangement on a T4 van? I don't want an expert muttering "'tut-tut, we'll have to get in an special fitting, it will cost you..." if it is standard.

All advice welcomed.
Skeena
Skeena

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Topaz T4 (2000) Exhaust Empty Re: Topaz T4 (2000) Exhaust

Post by Manomountain Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:07 pm

It’s standard BUT - when I needed a front pipe, with catalytic converter, for my 2.5tdi  (2002) I was shocked to find that VW no longer support vehicles of that age. Thankfully the Liverpool Van Centre had one in the back of the store. I believe you can get a non OEM one via Just Kampers.. there are non OEM exhausts out there. You could also try VW Heritage Parts….
Manomountain
Manomountain

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Topaz
Vehicle Year : 02/03

Skeena likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeena Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:46 pm

Today I trundled down to PP Tuning at Louth in Lincolnshire to have a bespoke stainless steel exhaust fitted to my Topaz. Having PP Tuning make and fit a full stainless steel system was very reasonable. They didn't even charge for fitting considering they normally post these out. I could feel and hear the difference on my way home. 

As you'll see from the images they change the location of the silencer boxes which in effect quietens the exhaust noise before it gets halfway down the length of the van. Hopefully I'll not have to worry about another exhaust for a long time. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Skeena
Skeena

Male

frederic and Manomountain like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeena Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:29 pm

I'm pleased to report back that between this new exhaust and a new fuel filter my van is sounding great (much quieter) and starts on the button. up!
Skeena
Skeena

Male

Roopert likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:29 pm

Looks nice.    My 1999 VW Topaz is coming up for a new exhaust soon and I too am thinking of stainless.  Just Kampers list one but there seems to be lots of variations.   Mine is the 2.5TDI and still has a cat fitted.
Lily
Lily

Male

Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeena Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:08 pm

Lily wrote:Looks nice.    My 1999 VW Topaz is coming up for a new exhaust soon and I too am thinking of stainless.  Just Kampers list one but there seems to be lots of variations.   Mine is the 2.5TDI and still has a cat fitted.
I'm well pleased with the kit supplied and fitted by PP Tuning. I looked at Just Kampers but was having difficulty finding a garage to fit. For me it was a nice day out, they didn't charge for fitting and as they make them I knew they would have all the parts. They even fitted both silencers further forward which seems to cut some noise inside the van.
Skeena
Skeena

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:12 am

Thanks,  I may give PP a call. I do have a good local garage.
Lily
Lily

Male

Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down