The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topaz 2000 leak

2 posters

Go down

Topaz 2000 leak Empty Topaz 2000 leak

Post by Linda and John Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm

Hello, this is my first post,
Can anyone help I have a Topaz year 2000 and I have found water getting in in the right corner of the shelf above the bench seat. When I bought it I noticed a previous stain but thought it had been resolved as the shelf was completely dry.
But after owning for 18 months the shelf what’s become wet just in the corner driver side. I thought it maybe coming in from the outside channel above the window before the roof join. 
Can anyone suggest anything that might be easier to resolve? It’s going to a garage on Monday4th November 2019 
TIA
Linda and John
Linda and John

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Topaz 2000 leak Empty Re: Topaz 2000 leak

Post by daisy mae Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:37 pm

I had this on my Topaz, this year, had mobile fitter , he took out the top windows, cleaned them up and the surround and resealed, only way to do it, just resealing doesn`t work, After all the heavy rain recently, still bone dry.

As I found out from a previous mobile MH service engineer, she just squirted sealant around the window.  So best to go on recommendations, just because they are accredited doesn`t mean they are all good.

To get the stains off, spray with stain remover, I used Aldi`s,  leave for a few minutes, then dab with water on a kitchen roll tissue, several times, do not over wet, after rinsing leave to dry, all stains gone.works a treat. this time of year would be better with a bit of heat in the van, I keep an oil radiator in there. will soon dry then.

Best regards,
Margaret

Most likely from the window seal,  A known problem with these top windows.

Last edited by daisy mae on Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:41 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : altered sentence. window seal)

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda and John Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:16 pm

Oi Thank you for your reply I will see what the garage guy says on Monday. If you don’t mind answering c what sort of price would I be looking at?
Linda and John
Linda and John

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by daisy mae Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:20 pm

The first one charged me £60 for the two windows, that was just putting sealant round, didn`t work.  the second one must have been over £100 he was here for 3 hours and did a really good job.

When you said it is going to the garage, does he do MH repairs then?  my mechanic wouldn`t do that anything mechanical on the base vehicle yes.

Dr. Seuss
daisy mae
daisy mae
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Hampshire Topaz
Vehicle Year : 2008 98

Back to top Go down