The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs

4 posters

Go down

Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs Empty Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs

Post by abirkitt1972 Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Hello All,

Does anyone know what type of bulbs fit into the overhead lab craft lights in the VW T4 Trooper, circa 2000? we have the lights, but no bulbs. They look like they fit the long white lights, I'd guess around 30cm ish.

Thank you in advance!

Andrew
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs Empty Re: Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs

Post by IanH Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:00 pm

Go to members factsheets, see ececutive article, theyre in there
IanH
IanH
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Executive
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs Empty Re: Trooper Lab Craft Replacement light bulbs

Post by Roopert Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:35 pm

They are standard 300mm fluorescent bulbs - sometimes referred to as F8T5 - very easy to get hold of.

The thing that puzzles me is - why would someone have removed them? It would be slightly annoying to buy replacement tubes only to find that the fittings do not (for whatever reason) work.

As you'll probably have seen from other threads, it may be simplest just to convert them to LED rather than pursuing new tubes. You won't save a lot of power (fluorescents are actually very efficient anyway) but you will eliminate the warm-up time that you suffer with fluorescents...
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

abirkitt1972 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by abirkitt1972 Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:22 pm

Thank you everyone, much appreciated!
abirkitt1972
abirkitt1972

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : T4 Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:30 pm

If you go down the LED route you’ll be able to choose a much warmer light colour than with fluorescent tubes.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Roopert Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 pm

That's a good point - another reason why I made the change. You can (apparently) get the fluorescent tubes with a warmer colour temp, but I never managed to find any for sale! I suspect the availability of that type of tube will drop away now.
Roopert
Roopert

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down