The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer

+3
roli
andyh
Suf
7 posters

Go down

Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer Empty Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer

Post by Suf Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:22 am

Is it possible to check the spare wheel pressure on a 2018 Warwick Duo without removing the wheel or crawling under the van ?
I thought there was a remote value accessible from the rear of the van but I cannot locate it, can't see anything in the manual. Does one exist, if so where is it located ?
Cheers Geoff
Suf
Suf

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer Empty Re: Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer

Post by andyh Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:41 am

On my 2014 Boxer there's a valve just underneath the right hand corner of the rear bumper.
andyh
andyh
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer Empty Re: Spare wheel pressure check 2018 boxer

Post by roli Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:52 am

I think you will find a "SpareLine" they are fitted on panel vans its as described by andyh if you cant see it, have a mooch round starting with the spares valve and see if there is a tub fitted and follow the tube to the side or rear of the van
roli
roli

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by andyh Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:03 am

Just been out to the van so thought i'd take a pic[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
andyh
andyh
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 59
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by petermcd Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:46 am

Checked mine a few days ago AND very pleased I did. The remote pipe for pressure checking was seized on the wheel valve and the valve rubber was completely perished. Could not have used the spare in an emergency. Peter M
petermcd
petermcd

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Broadway EL
Vehicle Year : 2022

Back to top Go down

Post by Suf Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:15 pm

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments.
 I have now located the value, it's exactly as the picture posted by andyh, thanks andyh. It was much easier checking after the heavy rain stopped.
Regards Geoff
Suf
Suf

Male

Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:41 pm

When I recently had all 5 tyres changed, the chap said that the spare extension tube talked about in above posts was not sealing and letting out air, which might explain why my spare was going flat. He left it lightly connected, so you may find you are unable to check spare using the valve under the bumper, or it could just be on my van.
--------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemerton-bath Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:32 pm

Interesting, our spare also went flat after having all 5 tyres changed. I suspected the extension tube was the culprit and disconnected it from the spare. All seems fine since.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:12 pm

My extension tube was mangled by the dealer during a routine service. They unscrewed it from the spare to read its pressure (not being aware of the remote valve) and cross-threaded it when reconnecting the tubing; somehow they also severed the rubber tube. I've since jettisoned the extension, and crawl underneath a few times a year to check the spare. Today, being sunny, was one of those days. Pressure was fine.

"When they are good, they are very, very good, but when they are bad they are horrid!"

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down