The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz

+2
Paulmold
chris thurland
6 posters

Go down

Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz Empty Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz

Post by chris thurland Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:37 am

Hi, can anyone advise best direct replacement for a now obsolete Carver Cascade water heater fitted to my Topaz. I know that the Henry equivalent is also now obsolete. Would a Propex Malaga 5E fit in the same internal space in a Topaz, even though it has a adaptor plate to suit the old Carver aperture. Currently getting quotes for fitting but would be grateful for advise of anyone has similar experiences of this before committing to anything.
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz Empty Re: Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz

Post by Paulmold Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 am

Are you sure yours can't be fixed? For all things Carver visit 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz Empty Re: Replacement Water Heater for 1999 Topaz

Post by chris thurland Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:08 am

Thanks for the quick reply Paulmold and for the link. Just had a habitation check done by our local motor home service company and have been advised that heater leaks. Waiting for quote from them. I’m just looking into getting a replacement if worst comes to worst. Thinking that the heater is over 20 years old maybe a replacement is the best option in the long term even though it’s costly.
chris thurland
chris thurland

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2007

Back to top Go down

Post by Taurian Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:52 pm

Might be worth dropping an email to O'learys to see if they have one and if so, what price.
Taurian
Taurian

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Clubman Anniversary
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Post by Grabea Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:40 pm

Check out "hot water tank leak" in this forum where a new tank was obtained to cure leakage of the heater.
Graham
Grabea
Grabea

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Post by Spoonvet Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:32 pm

A&R Electronics - excellent service, they service and sell the burner units, I wasnt sure if you meant a water or a gas leak? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoonvet
Spoonvet
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 57
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Bulletguy Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:46 pm

chris thurland wrote:I’m just looking into getting a replacement if worst comes to worst. Thinking that the heater is over 20 years old maybe a replacement is the best option in the long term even though it’s costly.
I doubt it will come to that as Carver parts are plentiful and repair services easily found. Always worth checking out ebay;

This guy does repairs starting at just £30. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Brand new burner (these last around 20 years as I replaced one on a van I used to own and it was date stamped!); [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A used but complete and bench tested heater here; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bulletguy
Bulletguy

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Vanless

Spoonvet likes this post

Back to top Go down