The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Porch-type awning for Duetto?

3 posters

Go down

Porch-type awning for Duetto? Empty Porch-type awning for Duetto?

Post by MrsGrey Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:00 am

Hello everyone,
I collect my Duetto on Monday! up! champagne
This isn't urgent, but it occurs to me that the way the weather seems to be settling in these days, it would be a good idea to invest in a porch-style awning -- if possible.
Does anyone have experience of these? My Duetto has a Fiamma standard awning fitted already. They advertise zippy-type sides to fit -- is that a good idea, or is it better to get a whole new one, if they exist for this van. The Fiamma zip-ons seems really pricey. I need one that is reasonably easy to put up and obviously not heavy.
Thanks!
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Duetto
Vehicle Year : 1999

Back to top Go down

Porch-type awning for Duetto? Empty Re: Porch-type awning for Duetto?

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:03 pm

MrsGrey wrote:Hello everyone,
I collect my Duetto on Monday! up! champagne
This isn't urgent, but it occurs to me that the way the weather seems to be settling in these days, it would be a good idea to invest in a porch-style awning -- if possible.
Does anyone have experience of these? My Duetto has a Fiamma standard awning fitted already. They advertise zippy-type sides to fit -- is that a good idea, or is it better to get a whole new one, if they exist for this van. The Fiamma zip-ons seems really pricey. I need one that is reasonably easy to put up and obviously not heavy.
Thanks!
Jinny

I recently sold my 'zippy up' type awning recently after never using it and it was just too heavy and bulky and took ages to assemble etc.
Invested in one of those lightweight mesh screen materials thingy's (!!) but not used it yet. At least it just folds up and can be put into a little bag.

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:20 pm

peugeotboxer wrote:
I recently sold my 'zippy up' type awning recently after never using it and it was just too heavy and bulky and took ages to assemble etc.
Invested in one of those lightweight mesh screen materials thingy's (!!) but not used it yet. At least it just folds up and can be put into a little bag.

PB

Hmmm interesting. Take the point. Any link to the " lightweight mesh screen materials thingy's" ?? Not sure I can visualise that or how to search for it! confused3
Thanks,
Jinny
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by peugeotboxer Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:29 pm

MrsGrey wrote:
peugeotboxer wrote:

PB

Hmmm interesting. Take the point. Any link to the " lightweight mesh screen materials thingy's" ?? Not sure I can visualise that or how to search for it! confused3
Thanks,
Jinny

Sorry,

Here it is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PB
peugeotboxer
peugeotboxer
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Harmony
Vehicle Year : 2000

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsGrey Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for the link. I'll see how i go with the standard awning and keep this in reserve I think.
MrsGrey
MrsGrey
Donator
Donator

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Campievanner Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:00 pm

I wouldn't rush into a major purchase like awning until you have tried it out a little.
We didn't have any awning on our first van and 9 years and on van number 3 we have discover our method of touring we are ok without one.
Everyone has slightly different needs. Look on some of the websites for preloaded awnings to save money.
Happy touring.
Campievanner
Campievanner

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stratford
Vehicle Year : 2012

Back to top Go down