The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remis blinds

5 posters

Go down

Remis blinds Empty Remis blinds

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:21 pm

Is anybody else having a problem with the handles coming of the front blinds, I don’t use them very often as use silver screens, but this next week I will be driving the van every day whilst away and I sick of scrambling about for the handles when they come off, any tips anybody

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Remis blinds Empty Re: Remis blinds

Post by Relaxez-Vous Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm

I've had this when we first got our van. You'll probably have already noticed the shape of the holes in the blinds into which the handles slot. If you apply any up or down force when closing the blinds you are at risk of the handles becoming unhooked. This weekend I had a problem with the wire connected to the rear view mirror's rear camera LCD clip on screen, interfering with the closure of our Remis blinds.
Relaxez-Vous
Relaxez-Vous

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:21 pm

Yep our handles also come off, thinking of sticking them on with super glue but just not got round to it. Right so and so when they fall off when closing when it is dark and they disappear in the footwell. 

I also have to use a cable tie made into a loop to keep the blinds shut, as the magnets are very weak.

Only small snags, but should not be seeing how much the blinds cost. I am in no way blaming AS. as they only buy in and fit.
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 pm

I have cut 2 x 10mm by 15mm strips of double sided sticky tape and stick a strip to each handle and then put them in the slots and pushed them into place , handles are no rock solid, I have a large rubber ring that will go around the handles to hold the blinds together,  next job is to sort out the dash cam of the screen and faster somehow to the mirror bracket so I don’t have to keep removing it from its holder

Male

Vehicle Year : 2016

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:30 pm

Mine have also dropped off so it's a common fault. From memory a springy bit of plastic on the handle is supposed to positively locate into a hole on the blind.  Mine had lost its springiness and wasn't locating so I used some hot water to soften the plastic and make it stick out a bit more so it located in the holes.  It didn't work as well as I hoped but right now it is still fixed.  If it comes off again I may resort to a drop of superglue or double sided tape.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevinktwo Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:47 am

It’s about time Remis got some competition, our second set and neither stay shut, we also have gone down the knicker elastic route, A  Covid mask also works..
Kevinktwo
Kevinktwo

Male

Vehicle Year : 2021

FreelanderUK likes this post

Back to top Go down