The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyre pressure

+4
Paulmold
v8oholic
PLOUGHLIN
dstoreuk
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tyre pressure - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyre pressure

Post by v8oholic Thu May 27, 2021 9:15 pm

Yes I do realise that, I put in 1500 front and rear which is still higher than the weighbridge recorded the other day to allow for some extra stuff. It suggests 49 all round, I rounded it up to 50. But since I have TPMS, it’s academic because I have to go with the fully laden Peugeot figures.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

Back to top Go down

Post by Caraman Thu May 27, 2021 9:22 pm

You could experiment to see how low the pressures will go without the TPMS triggering.  Before Peugeot adjusted my TPMS I think I could drop mine by as much as 9 psi without it triggering but yours might be different.  If it triggers you have to re-inflate to the plated figure and drive for a short distance.
Caraman
Caraman

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo
Vehicle Year : 2019

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Thu May 27, 2021 9:45 pm

Might give that a try, thanks. I will also see what I can see with my ODB2 scanner when I get round to it.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Thu May 27, 2021 11:13 pm

v8oholic wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheap and cheerful. Lousy ride, poor traction.
That’s interesting. Those are the ones I have on my van. I’ve found them okay over the last 3-4 years. I don’t regard them as particularly cheap and cheerful and I’ve found the traction and ride ok. To be honest I would have them again, although in all honesty I’ve not much else to compare them to. 

Tyres really are an individual thing and experiences can vary so much depending on personal use.
Sally
Sally

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Thu May 27, 2021 11:32 pm

They don’t fare well in this list, 48th place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Particularly poor in snow which means similar in mud as well. And noisy.

These are top rated in that size:

v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri May 28, 2021 6:50 am

v8oholic wrote:
FreelanderUK wrote:My 2016 WXL was fitted with Continental Vanco 100 tyres I took it to the weight bridge loaded for a trip and it weighed 1700kg front, 1800kg rear and total 3520kg, I am glad it was up plated  to 4500kg, I run my tyres at 50psi front and 60 psi rear according to the tyres safe website

These tyres were fitted as new from the build

No TPMS issues with the lower pressures then? The Peugeot sticker on mine says 59 front 65 rear, which is presumably based on maximum axle weights. But Tyresafe suggests 50 psi all round.

There is no OEM TPMS on my WXL only the one I fitted which I can set to what ever is required

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri May 28, 2021 7:28 am

v8oholic wrote:They don’t fare well in this list, 48th place.

Particularly poor in snow which means similar in mud as well. And noisy.

These are top rated in that size:

I find lists can sometimes be slightly misleading. Even though they are 48th, they are as quiet as those placed at the top, and quieter than some. They have a better wet rating than many above them, and some sizes have better fuel economy. 

I haven’t driven in the snow so can’t really comment. I haven’t really driven in much mud, although the grass pitch at Scarborough a short while ago was heading that way. I would think that depending on someone’s style and type of driving/camping, they could range in score from useless to perfect.

P.S. I realise I’m now setting myself up to get stuck in the mud on my next trip hugegrins
Sally
Sally

Female

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri May 28, 2021 7:47 am

Where are you at Scarborough Sally

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Fri May 28, 2021 8:12 am

FreelanderUK wrote:Where are you at Scarborough Sally
I was on the main C&CC club site; I quite like it due to the layout and location. I was considering the THS at Olivers Mount but I need the gas heating sorting first (booked in for July).  I’ve also used a CS at Scalby. 

I do have some grip mats that I bought just in case, and I did consider parking on them overnight as it was raining so heavily. I’m not sure if people do that.  The downside is dirty wet mats when setting off.
Sally
Sally

Female

v8oholic and FreelanderUK like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 8:22 am

Sally wrote:

I find lists can sometimes be slightly misleading. Even though they are 48th, they are as quiet as those placed at the top, and quieter than some. They have a better wet rating than many above them, and some sizes have better fuel economy. 

I haven’t driven in the snow so can’t really comment. I haven’t really driven in much mud, although the grass pitch at Scarborough a short while ago was heading that way. I would think that depending on someone’s style and type of driving/camping, they could range in score from useless to perfect.

P.S. I realise I’m now setting myself up to get stuck in the mud on my next trip hugegrins

I agree it depends what conditions we hope to encounter, but sometimes we don’t have a choice, and sometimes we make bad choices in the spur of the moment and get stuck 😀 All I’m saying is that given that they are about the same price, why wouldn’t you give yourself the best chance of not getting stuck. Also I find the the idea of going to Austria late in the year rather appealing, where snow capable and all season tyres are a must.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Sally likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Fri May 28, 2021 8:26 am

FreelanderUK wrote:

There is no OEM TPMS on my WXL only the one I fitted which I can set to what ever is required

Lucky you! I’m a big believer in the concept and have had it on quite a few cars now, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen a system that is not user adjustable. What that means for us is that instead of helping keep the tyres in a good working range, it forces you to run them at a permanently wrong pressure for the application. An example of a poorly worded regulatory requirement which actually has a negative consequence in this case.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave D Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am

I have a 2005 Auto Sleeper Symbol. The base vehicle tyre pressure i 80 PSI front & rear. Just had 5 Michelin 215/70 R15 CP tyers  fitted by costco and they , at the manufactures advise, recommend both front and rear pressure at 72.5 psi.
Dave D
Dave D

Male

Member Age : 73
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2