The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

roller blind replacement

2 posters

Go down

roller blind replacement Empty roller blind replacement

Post by Chantal DJ Tue May 04, 2021 9:25 pm

I am looking for a list of companies supplying roller blinds for Peugeot Boxer Symbols.  Presently we need to replace the ceiling black out roller blind for our van.  It keeps slipping and half of the vent is only covered by the net which is not good when you want to prevent light to enter your van early in the morning.  Other blinds might need replacing in the future too. We live in West Sussex, but anywhere would do.
Chantal DJ
Chantal DJ

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

roller blind replacement Empty Re: roller blind replacement

Post by rogerblack Wed May 05, 2021 12:34 pm

We have a similar problem with our 2002 Pollensa whereby the contours of the catchpoints at the ends of the guide rails have worn and no longer retain the blind in the fully closed condition against the roller spring tension, so it ends up with the join between the blackout blind and flyscreen partway along the guide rail. I managed to overcome this for a while by cleaning and degreasing the guides but I need to either rebuild them up a bit more or coat with e.g. rubber solution or silicone to regain some frictional resistance; this is on my lost of jobs to do.

However as a temporary expedient, I have simply stuck a Velcro loop square on the cartridge frame and the flyscreen hem bar and then just use a short piece of Velcro hoop tape to keep them together - this is enough to hold it in place when the blind is shut and it's an easy job to release it when you want to use the flyscreen by pulling the Velcro strip off from one of the squares.

I did a similar 'temporary' Velcro pads job on the flap on my external EHU connector when the retaining clip broke around five years ago and it's still doing the job!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi

Alf likes this post

Back to top Go down

roller blind replacement Empty Re: roller blind replacement

Post by Chantal DJ Wed May 05, 2021 4:27 pm

Dear Roger
Many thanks for your helpful reply!!!! roller blind replacement 1f603 I think this is the solution!  I fear that these types of blinds are no longer manufactured, so it is worth coming with some DIY solutions.  allthumbz
Chantal
Chantal DJ
Chantal DJ

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : Peugeot Boxer Symbol

Back to top Go down