The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Symbol - out of date manual supplied

4 posters

Go down

New Symbol - out of date manual supplied Empty New Symbol - out of date manual supplied

Post by v8oholic Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:55 pm

Has anyone else got a new Symbol or other Boxer-based van recently, or since the change to 2.2 litre Euro 6.2 engines in 2019? I picked my new Symbol up yesterday, and on going through the huge number of manuals provided, I noticed that the Peugeot handbook is a 2017-2018 version. Consequently the technical information regarding the engine is out of date. There may be other detail changes too, which could be important. More on that in a minute.

I spoke to the dealer about it, and they contacted their local Peugeot van dealer, who said that this is the handbook which is currently being supplied. That doesn’t make sense to me, continuing to provide a handbook for a version that hasn’t been built for 2 years.

I have managed to find a current handbook on a Peugeot site. The biggest cause for concern is that the 2019 onwards manual says that there should be a card with code numbers for the immobiliser. This is apparently extremely important and should not be lost. It even advises you to take it with you on long trips. The implication is that this is a new scheme where the dealers can no longer work on keys or the immobiliser without the codes. But, I didn’t get one of those either, which is the real worry.

Just curious if anyone else has a recent Symbol or other Boxer derived van, and could check what manual they got. And if they were given the immobiliser codes card!
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2021

RogerThat likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Symbol - out of date manual supplied Empty Re: New Symbol - out of date manual supplied

Post by CroftBadger Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:05 pm

v8oholic wrote:......Has anyone else got a new Symbol or other Boxer-based van recently, or since the change to 2.2 litre Euro 6.2 engines in 2019? I picked my new Symbol up yesterday, and on going through the huge number of manuals provided, I noticed that the Peugeot handbook is a 2017-2018 version. ...
Just curious if anyone else has a recent Symbol or other Boxer derived van, and could check what manual they got. And if they were given the immobiliser codes card!
I have a 2020 Warwick XL and the only date on the handbook I can find is the printed date which is 2017! 2017 for 2020 van? I haven't got the code card you are referring to either (I'm sure I had one of these on my old van - a 2005 Boxer) and I didn't notice it wasn't with my documentation for this one until you mentioned it. I see what you mean about the up-to-date manual which mentions it. It is a worry however, if there is a problem I will refer Peugeot to the fact that it is not even mentioned in the handbook I was provided with!
CroftBadger
CroftBadger

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2020

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

New Symbol - out of date manual supplied Empty Re: New Symbol - out of date manual supplied

Post by v8oholic Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:42 pm

CroftBadger wrote:
v8oholic wrote:......Has anyone else got a new Symbol or other Boxer-based van recently, or since the change to 2.2 litre Euro 6.2 engines in 2019? I picked my new Symbol up yesterday, and on going through the huge number of manuals provided, I noticed that the Peugeot handbook is a 2017-2018 version. ...
I have a 2020 Warwick XL and the only date on the handbook I can find is the printed date which is 2017! 2017 for 2020 van? I haven't got the code card you are referring to either (I'm sure I had one of these on my old van - a 2005 Boxer) and I didn't notice it wasn't with my documentation for this one until you mentioned it. I see what you mean about the up-to-date manual which mentions it. It is a worry however, if there is a problem I will refer Peugeot to the fact that it is not even mentioned in the handbook I was provided with!

That sounds consistent with mine. You can check if you look on the back cover, as there’s a publication code. The one I was supplied is 17BOX.E040, but the latest downloadable one is 19BOX.0040 and I don’t know why we weren’t given that one, because it is the only one that covers the 2.2 litre engines. And it mentions the immobiliser code card. It seems very odd.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CroftBadger Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:50 pm

v8oholic wrote:
That sounds consistent with mine. You can check if you look on the back cover, as there’s a publication code. The one I was supplied is 17BOX.E040, but the latest downloadable one is 19BOX.0040 and I don’t know why we weren’t given that one, because it is the only one that covers the 2.2 litre engines. And it mentions the immobiliser code card. It seems very odd.
Yes, that's the handbook I've got. I can't say I had noticed it wasn't the 2.2 engine either - but then again there's so much stuff in there that doesn't apply to my vehicle! - I've yet to find the tipper on the back!  hugegrins
CroftBadger
CroftBadger

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:18 pm

When I insured mine it was not in their database, the only 165 PS engine they had was for a chassis cab! So that’s what they’ve used in their system, adding a note to say it was a motorhome conversion of course. Their underwriters agreed to it, so I guess it’s OK.

The only thing I’ve noticed so far which is inconsistent with the manual (both of them actually) is that you’re supposed to be able to adjust both upper and lower mirrors each side. The adjustment switch is meant to have four positions. Mine only has two positions, and I can only adjust the upper mirrors. I’m wondering if it’s got the wrong switch in it, or if it’s another inexplicable oddity!
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CroftBadger Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Yes - Mine's the same. I find it annoying that the adjustment of both mirrors was available on my last 16 year old vehicle but not a new one! Such is progress - though I'm convinced it's more to do with the bean-counters saving the company money.
CroftBadger
CroftBadger

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by v8oholic Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:23 pm

CroftBadger wrote:Yes - Mine's the same. I find it annoying that the adjustment of both mirrors was available on my last 16 year old vehicle but not a new one! Such is progress - though I'm convinced it's more to do with the bean-counters saving the company money.
Talking of penny pinching, it’s the first vehicle I have ever owned where you only get one remote for the central locking. So if it breaks, or it gets lost, you can no longer use the deadlocks.
v8oholic
v8oholic

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CroftBadger Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:40 pm

v8oholic wrote:Talking of penny pinching, it’s the first vehicle I have ever owned where you only get one remote for the central locking. So if it breaks, or it gets lost, you can no longer use the deadlocks.
Of course a Peugeot dealer will sell you a spare for about £150 inc. programming! They must think us motorhomers are in the super-rich bracket!  censored
CroftBadger
CroftBadger

Male

v8oholic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:45 pm

Plenty of mobile auto locksmiths about (many advertise on Facebook  Marketplace). I had a spare from one of them at cost of £120. Peugeot wanted over £200.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

v8oholic, Dave D and CroftBadger like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kaspian Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 pm

Of course a Peugeot dealer will sell you a spare for about £150 inc. programming! They must think us motorhomers are in the super-rich bracket!  censored
  At the cost of a new Autosleeper you need to be a Premier league footballer to afford one ! I see nothing has changed re owners  manuals , do they still have the section on how to light the gas mantles ?  Whistle1
kaspian

Male

Member Age : 64
Auto-Sleeper Model : WARWICK XL
Vehicle Year : 2017

CroftBadger likes this post

Back to top Go down