The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Access to Submersible water pump - Kemerton

+8
Dbvwt
rgermain
groundhog
kaspian
AutoSleepy_Don
Biker51
inspiredron
Oldvolkshome
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Access to Submersible water pump - Kemerton - Page 2 Empty Re: Access to Submersible water pump - Kemerton

Post by Guest Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:43 am

it certainly did...
despite Peters reference of confusion for new owners, it was in fact, a 'new owner' who then mentioned his issue with 'getting water into his tank' and then the 'Whale support' was offered and the thread had turned a corner..
tiz the way of forums, im afraid...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Access to Submersible water pump - Kemerton - Page 2 Empty Re: Access to Submersible water pump - Kemerton

Post by Oldvolkshome Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:30 am

Thanks for comments and discussion. Long and short is pump despite "running" - making a noise, is not pumping water. There is definitely no flow in the pipes by the pressure switch. As you say its a tank drop job or at least removal of the sump drain cap. Thanks for the suggestion of the shurflo pump/filter/pressure vessel. It would be an easy job diverting the existing water pipe from the old pressure switch to the new pump. Its all there right under the seat, however there is not loads of space. Will let you know the outcome.
Oldvolkshome
Oldvolkshome

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Kdc Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:59 am

Oldvolkshome........Jumping in late in this discussion but you have just said pump is running,making a noise but not pumping water.Sounds very possible to be air locked,have you tried sucking water up through a tap to re prime the pump?
After a complete drain down it’s the way I have to get mine going again.
Kdc
Kdc
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldvolkshome Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi thanks for the suggestion. At the risk of sounding disgusting, yes I have had the shower head off a number of times and given it hose a worth suck, whilst running the pump. All to no avail.  Unfortunately I've not been able to get anyone round or get it booked in. Lots of places are not opening till the 12 April and those who are open are fully booked.  Potentially I have a mobile fitter who I'm waiting to get back to me otherwise I'll try again on the 12th April.  I've also tried a descale of the tank in the hope it might be furred up, but no luck yet.  Thanks again. T
Oldvolkshome
Oldvolkshome

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Oldvolkshome Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:52 pm

It turned out to be the pump. Replaced with whale submersible high flow pump in the tank, same as original. Replacement was fitted through the sump drain cover, no need to drop the tank. The John guest quick connect tools were useful rather than finding a 5 year old with small arms. Need to find the pressure switch sweet spot at least its clicking on and off now.  All is good with the world.
Oldvolkshome
Oldvolkshome

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SENTINEL Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:29 am

rgermain wrote:Another question.

Has anyone actually fitted a hatch to a Symbol/Warwick?

If so photo's would help.

I have an idea that my old sub pump which I draw water through is not sitting very low in the fresh tank as I need to refill long before I need to empty the waste tank.
----------
Richard
Just wondered if you got any further re the Symbol/Warwick question?
SENTINEL
SENTINEL
Donator
Donator

Female

Auto-Sleeper Model : EX-SYMBOL
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2