The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic

+2
modelman
Peel
6 posters

Go down

Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic Empty Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic

Post by Peel Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:46 am

Hello folks. A question from a long-time lurker if you'd be so kind...
There's a bit of kit inside the second long, narrow cupboard with the drop-down door (beneath the sink) on my Trident. It's boxed off with a hole cut for a switch and a small indicator light. Can't find anything in the manual and am baffled. Had thought it was the switch for the tap pump, but having finally had the fresh tank replaced and got the tap working I discover it isn't that.
Here it is:

Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic 2012-06-18211732
Thanks.

Last edited by Peel on Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Pic added)
Peel
Peel

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident

Back to top Go down

Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic Empty Re: Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic

Post by modelman Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Although different from mine, I have a 'flap' behind which, is a switch for the on-board leisure battery charger when on mains hookup.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Amethyst
Vehicle Year : 2003

Back to top Go down

Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic Empty Re: Mystery kit in 1994 Trident - with pic

Post by vwt4 Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:00 pm

Modelman is right on, looks like a charger unit for leisure battery
vwt4
mike
vwt4
vwt4

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trophy
Vehicle Year : 1994

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:19 pm

It is the leisure battery charger, which runs off your 240v hook up.

Does not charge the engine starter battery though.

A light should come on your Zig unit when it is on.

Also when you are using the charger, you will find that your interior lights will shine brighter than when using the leisure battery. up!

Best, Ian.
spook69
spook69

Male

Member Age : 67
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trident (VW T4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:30 pm

Thanks folks. Wonder why there's no mention in the A-S handbook?
Peel
Peel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:49 pm

Peel wrote:Thanks folks. Wonder why there's no mention in the A-S handbook?

I think it was because it was an optional extra over & above the standard fit out.
spook69
spook69

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peel Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm

spook69 wrote:It is the leisure battery charger, which runs off your 240v hook up.

Also when you are using the charger, you will find that your interior lights will shine brighter than when using the leisure battery. up!

Best, Ian.

Thank you. Currently plugged in to the mains at home. Green light on charger, red light on Zig panel: is this as it should be?
Also, re. Your lights comment: are you saying the interior lights only work off hook-up power if the charger switch is on?
Sorry if I'm being dim. Electrics not my strong point...
Peel
Peel

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by spook69 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:27 am

Peel wrote:
spook69 wrote:It is the leisure battery charger, which runs off your 240v hook up.

Best, Ian.

Thank you. Currently plugged in to the mains at home. Green light on charger, red light on Zig panel: is this as it should be?
Also, re. Your lights comment: are you saying the interior lights only work off hook-up power if the charger switch is on?
Sorry if I'm being dim. Electrics not my strong point...

Re my lights comment. The interior lights work independentely off the leisure battery no problem.

Its just that the interior lights will be brighter when the battery charger is on. Just another (informal) way to see that the battery charger is working. Looks like you have cracked the rest of the issues all is well up!
spook69
spook69

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:07 pm

I have one of those in my trident T4. I just toasted an AGM battery I put in my T4, and I'm trying to figure out if it is because the charger has over charged it. I'm having trouble identifying it though.

I have a 1994, T4 trident, autosleepers conversion and the picture above is identical to what I have. Is this the zig x7?

Thanks

Andrew
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by roli Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 am

Amelvin, Welcome to the forum. Any chance of you doing an introduction please? It is very clear on the site, intros before postings and questions
roli
roli

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Andyclimb Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:34 am

I have one of those in my trident T4. I just toasted an AGM battery I put in my T4, and I'm trying to figure out if it is because the charger has over charged it. I'm having trouble identifying it though.

I have a 1994, T4 trident, autosleepers conversion and the picture above is identical to what I have. Is this the zig x7?

Thanks

Andrew
(I had a major set of dejavu with this forum...and this morning i remembered my username!)
Andyclimb
Andyclimb

Back to top Go down