The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weather

+16
Sally
Paramedic
Beetee
FreelanderUK
steamdrivenandy
BobK
Suppersready
Tinwheeler
Askit
IanH
Dave 418
groundhog
Peter Brown
Paulmold
burlingtonboaby
Bilbobaggins
20 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Weather - Page 35 Empty Re: Weather

Post by Askit Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:55 am

The guys arrived at 8am on the dot as arranged, drained the whole system down, fixed the wiring and faulty gear and left 2 hours later with everything working as it should  up! That just leaves me with some redecorating to do  shrugg

The BBQ went ahead and it looks like it will be another today as the weather is a bit cooler but still sunny.and warm.

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Neuvo EK LP
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:40 pm

Glad your fixed up Tony, mine isn't working properly, spent all day playing around with it so the plumbers are coming back on Monday. Not a bad day today a few spots of rain but mostly sunny and dry. Not sure where the storms went!
As you say new boiler more work, I have gone from floor mounted to wall mounted so now have to re tile the boiler room floor, fill all the holes, seal and vent the old chimney then repaint it all, Fun, fun,fun hugegrins
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Auto-Sleeper Model : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:07 am

Light cloud clearing to reveal blue sky, still mild,around 20, not the heat blast you usually get at dawn.
gulls still dive bombing , even the Rooks are getting it.
Hope you get your boiler sorted GH, just in time for winter eh.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:07 am

Same here light cloud clearing and blue skies on the way, still very warm. Outside painting today  will be happy to get as much done as possible this month then hopefully France mid August and Canada for the winter.
If we can't get to France then maybe somewhere in UK or the van is not worth keeping.
Have a great day all
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:14 am

Another warm day, nice to get a shave with hot water again snigger I need to get some filler before touching up the area around the boiler cupboard but the boss thinks the whole kitchen needs done now  tap_fingers

I keep hearing the old Flanders and Swann song, "a gasman came to call" in my head  hugegrins

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:31 am

Sky has cleared,blue sky, warmed up to 23 in the shade, parachute school up again from very near bye airstrip.noisy old airframes.
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:33 pm

Brilliant sunny day today got lots done just gave up on the boiler and used immersion plumber coming back Tuesday
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:43 am

Brilliant sunrise, cooler breeze,just nice for a long Tag walk along to coastal path,stopped for coffee at a One stop shop and back for a roll and bacon.
Hope you get your boiler up and running GH,not Ideal is it.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:42 am

Another hot day yesterday but a little bit of breeze helped make it a bit more comfortable. Still warm today but not quite so hot. Very noticeable that there are more planes flying, (we're on the flight path to Glasgow Airport). It's odd hearing them again.

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:31 am

I do wish you would stop talking about those bacon rolls Boaby, making me feel hungry. Lady G is a veggie so we rarely have them here, they sound delicious!
I found the plumber had left a motorised valve locked manually open instead of on auto hence the heating came on uncontrollably whenever the boiler fired up, think he used to make motorhomes. Kind of working now but you need a degree in computing to set the thing properly so he can come back and do that, thank goodness it is not the middle of Winter.
Planned to go for a long walk on the North coast cliffs today but the weather is overcast with a few spots of rain so will probably just stick around here. May walk round the village and see if the little shop has any bacon! allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:07 am

groundhog wrote:I do wish you would stop talking about those bacon rolls Boaby, making me feel hungry. Lady G is a veggie so we rarely have them here, they sound delicious!
I found the plumber had left a motorised valve locked manually open instead of on auto hence the heating came on uncontrollably whenever the boiler fired up, think he used to make motorhomes. Kind of working now but you need a degree in computing to set the thing properly so he can come back and do that, thank goodness it is not the middle of Winter.
Planned to go for a long walk on the North coast cliffs today but the weather is overcast with a few spots of rain so will probably just stick around here. May walk round the village and see if the little shop has any bacon! allthumbz
Have nice day GH, put some lettuce leaves in with the bacon, maybe a clapy doo ,or two.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:50 pm

Just for a change the north east of the country seems to have fared better this last weekend. 
We have been in Hutton le Hole all weekend and it’s been very pleasant. Not being able to do much walking we mooched about the village until Sunday lunch time. The idea of a table inside was a none starter because muttly still has issues with thresholds. In the end it was nice sitting outside overlooking the village green. 
Whilst we were sat there a convoy of proper old Minis came past amongst the bikers and assorted convertibles. 
The weather can do what it likes for the next three weeks before we are off on our travels again.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Yet another day where the threatened rain never materialised.

The phone was showing 80% chance of rain as the sun came out confused3

I wouldn't mind rain or sun, I just wish with the millions spent on computers to run modelling programs they could get it right
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:14 am

Nice dry clear night, 18 outside , beautiful sunrise and no wind, good walk out with Tag,roads are very busy with traffic ,even this early.
Have a good day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:39 am

Air feels damp this morning and we have light cloud, still 20c outside right now. We're expecting heavy rain showers later, our garden will be very pleased. BBQ was cleaned and put away last night, don't think it will be needed for a while. Good job as we've run out of charcoal and so have most of the shops  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 am

Cadac BBQ ready to rock and roll later, no problem with gas supplies Tony. We used to BBQ with Charcoal all the time when we leaved on Bute, carn't beat the taste of flame grilled steak
Still mild,no wind not as hot as yesterday (yet)
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:09 pm

Typical uk weather. Management reminded me the hanging baskets and pots need watering after tea. I managed the front hanging basket and the rain started. Muttly stood in the dinning room door watching me putting the hose away in the rain.
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 pm

Phone was showing 80% chance of rain as I stood in the garden at 4pm in bright sunshine  Whistle1 

At least the rain had the decency to wait an hour after the management had finished watering tonight.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:07 am

Heavy rain showers before midnight,eased off during the night, rain came on again at 5.35 ,still mild,22 inside the rear patio doors.
Managed a brief walk out with Tag before the rain started .
Have a nice day.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:35 am

No rain here yesterday despite the forecast, still warm and clammy. There has been some overnight rain and it's mild, no signs of the promised thunderstorms (yet think_smiley_46 ). Our sparrows are on a feeding frenzy, taking stuff away at rate of knots. They cleaned out 5 fatballs in less than 2 hours yesterday so they will have to do with the seed feeders today  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by groundhog Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:04 am

Lovely sunny start at 6am (middle of the day for Boaby) but beginning to cloud over now so expecting showers. Taking Lady G to the osteopath in Falmouth  this morning then a haircut for me this afternoon, hope they have the hedge trimmer ready for that. Still mulling over whether to book the ferry to France on the hope everything changes in the next couple of weeks.
At least we can have a bath now the new boiler is up and running, all seems to be good so far!
Have a great day all. allthumbz
groundhog
groundhog
Donator
Donator

Bilbobaggins likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:11 pm

Just been down to Jollyes for fat balls as I have run out (and for other shopping as well). Absolute cloudburst and could hardly hear ourselves communicate with the noise from the roof.

2 mile drive home and the roads are bone dry frustrating
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave 418 Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:18 pm

As it was forecast for thunder storms I didn’t bother with watering things today. Typically the storm didn’t break until tea time but it was enough to give things a good watering.
Muttly didn’t seem bothered by the thunder. The terrier we adopted meany years ago was terrified of loud noises. Thunder and fireworks were terrible for her. Having said that muttly takes a lot of moving once he gets settled in the evenings. His next move will be half nine when we go for our evening stroll before bed. walkies
Dave 418
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Askit Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:02 pm

We must be in the centre of the weather system because, whilst the highlands and borders have had flash floods, we've not seen a drop of rain all day. Sure the rain god will make up for it later  shrugg

Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by burlingtonboaby Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:56 am

Heavy rain showers through out the night,clearing before dawn,much cooler with a westerly wind. Some blue sky.
Good walk out with Tag, very wet underfoot and muddy, Gulls still dive bombing, young on the ground and some flying.
Happy haircuts then Gh, was it a baldy,   hugegrins   I have a wee electric hair cutter and give myself a buzz cut down to 4 mm every few months.
Have a nice day.
Bo
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next