The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo

+3
burlingtonboaby
Kemerton-bath
David P
7 posters

Go down

Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo Empty Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo

Post by David P Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 pm

Good afternoon and I am grateful for being allowed to join this Forum.

We recently collected our 2011 Warwick Duo and I have spent the last few days getting to grips with the habitation side.  I have just tried to connect our Cadac gas bbq to the exterior gas point but no gas is running through the line.  The gas valve next to the exterior gas point is open as is the main gas valve under the sofa (gas runs through the cooker ok).  There are three interior gas valves in the cabinet under the kitchen sink and although these are not labelled I assume they are for the cooker, fridge and water heater.  These are also all open.  I have had a good blokey look around but before I ask SWMBO to look I wonder whether anyone can tell me if I am missing something.

Thanks in anticipation
David P
David P

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2011

Back to top Go down

Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo Empty Re: Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo

Post by Kemerton-bath Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:44 pm

The external gas point on the Kemerton has no isolation valve inside the van, I guess because it requires two actions at the gas point to get gas to flow. Firstly you need to have the appropriate gas connector on the BBQ hose to be plugged into it and secondly, open the valve on the gas point.  Hope this works for you.

Tim

1996 - Autosleeper Symphony   2010 - Autosleeper Symbol    2018 - Autosleeper Kemerton   2023 - Autosleeper Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Kemerton-bath
Kemerton-bath
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 65
Auto-Sleeper Model : Kemerton XL (Fiat)
Vehicle Year : 2020

Back to top Go down

Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo Empty Re: Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo

Post by burlingtonboaby Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:47 pm

Hi David
Welcome to the forum from Bridington, your gas supply, propane tank or re fillable.LPG ?, could be an air lock.
Boaby
burlingtonboaby
burlingtonboaby
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Devon Firefly
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerThat Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:18 pm

Is gas coming out of the cooker hob ok?
RogerThat
RogerThat
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Stanway
Vehicle Year : 2018

Back to top Go down

Post by jennyandpeter Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:26 pm

Good evening, we have a warwick duo from 2010 it can be a number of things.
1. the tap under the bed may not be labeled correctly. the ones under the sink are separate to the gas point.
2. the the external gas point tap needs to be at inline to the pipe. 
3. the gas does take quite a while to come through as it is low pressure, you can hear it though.
4. Even when lit is is hard to see on the cadac we use a separate gas lighter.
Exterior gas connection on Warwick Duo M3VQm4k
jennyandpeter
jennyandpeter

Male

Member Age : 63
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by rogerblack Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:45 pm

Do you have the correct quick-release connector on the hose from the Cadac? This has to be plugged firmly home until it clicks before the external BBQ gas tap will turn on:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rogerblack
rogerblack
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 69
Auto-Sleeper Model : Pollensa/Boxer2.8HDi
Vehicle Year : 2002

Back to top Go down

Post by Spospe Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:39 pm

David

Very obvious, so forgive me for asking, but have you got the AS supplied connector plugged in to the BBQ outlet?

No connector equals no gas flow, even with all the taps turned on (it is the simple device which stops anyone turning your gas on when you are not present and drawing your supply for their own ends).

Just a thought.
Spospe
Spospe
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 80
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2014

Back to top Go down