The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exterior light replacement Warwick Duo

3 posters

Go down

Exterior  light replacement Warwick Duo Empty Exterior light replacement Warwick Duo

Post by fruittibun Sat May 09, 2015 5:37 pm

hi,I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the LED strip on the outside light above the door on a Warwick Duo.
I also have no idea where to get the replacement strip from and what I need to buy?
fruittibun
fruittibun

Female

Member Age : 55
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Exterior  light replacement Warwick Duo Empty Re: Exterior light replacement Warwick Duo

Post by -mojo- Sat May 09, 2015 8:42 pm

I don't know the specifics of a Warwick, but as a general observation, LED lights are very reliable (typically 50000 hours MTBF) so make sure it really has failed before you start to replace it! I.e. connect an alternative lamp instead just to make sure there is power to it.

Generally the complete fitting will have to be replaced, as they are not usually designed so that internal parts can be replaced. If someone here cannot suggest a make/model then contact Auto-Sleepers parts dept and they will either sell you one or tell you what type to get.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down

Exterior  light replacement Warwick Duo Empty Re: Exterior light replacement Warwick Duo

Post by Guest Sun May 10, 2015 12:07 pm

As Mojo said. More likely to be damage inside or wiring. If the cover is removable make sure there is no mains power and have a look inside for damage or corrosion. Well worth looking yourself before spending money!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gram Sun May 10, 2015 6:22 pm

I suspect fruttibun's awning light is like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mine is suffering from water ingress and a couple of the LEDs are affected.

It is possible to replace the LED strip as my dealer has done it for me.

Maybe the end caps come off somehow.

Where the LED strip is sourced from I don't know.

G
Gram
Gram

Male

Member Age : 79
Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2009

Back to top Go down

Post by -mojo- Sun May 10, 2015 10:55 pm

Gram wrote:
Where the LED strip is sourced from I don't know.

If you can get it apart, there are numerous suppliers of the LED strips on Ebay. These strips can simply be cut to length, but you may need to solder wires onto the end, depending on how the original was terminated.
-mojo-
-mojo-

Male

Member Age : 24
Auto-Sleeper Model : Trooper
Vehicle Year : 2006

Back to top Go down