The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WXL water overflow when filling

+9
Heanorboy
glyne lock
Tinwheeler
AutoSleepy_Don
FreelanderUK
Gromit
rgermain
BobK
FrankL0
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WXL water overflow when filling - Page 2 Empty Re: WXL water overflow when filling

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:10 am

Gromit wrote:But that's on your van.

The OP has an Autosleeper, so your experience is not much help to him!!
..but i was responding to Ian, who has an AS but also a similar filling system to mine.
there are many things in the motorhoming world that are common across lots of brands: heaters, fridges, and even water filling systems.
sharing similar experiences of similar systems but on different brands shouldnt always elicit the same negative response, should it?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

WXL water overflow when filling - Page 2 Empty Re: WXL water overflow when filling

Post by Bad Penny Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:56 am

Gromit, you will never win. wave
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

rgermain likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:45 pm

Bad Penny wrote:Gromit, you will never win. wave
what is there to 'win', or otherwise....
i posted a response to Ian whose 'Ive got something different to the OP' post i found interesting.
my post was in no way derogatory yet, good old Gromit has to interject with nothing of interest, and then BP has his ha'porth.....
perhaps he will 'win', whatever that means.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by rgermain Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:47 pm

Bad Penny wrote:Gromit, you will never win. wave
Not when it comes to Chris AKA BB wave
----------
Richard
rgermain
rgermain
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 77
Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick duo
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:13 pm

Richard, perhaps you will 'win'....again, whatever 'winning' means in a forum thread.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Penny Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Winning, for some people, is always wanting to be right, whatever it takes.
Bad Penny
Bad Penny
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 78
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex Broadway owner
Vehicle Year : 2014 mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinwheeler Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm

I hadn't realised this was a competition think_smiley_46
Tinwheeler
Tinwheeler
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : None
Vehicle Year : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Dbvwt Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Guys... please stop.

I am fully aware of the difference of opinions that have surfaced in many recent threads and I have my own thoughts on the issue but It’s not showing the forum up in a very good light.
Can you imagine joining the forum as an excited newbie and reading this??
Dbvwt
Dbvwt

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Symbol
Vehicle Year : 2018

IanH likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by glyne lock Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:30 pm

Frank  
Some pictures to help with what I have been saying. The filer  pipes as it will be on your van conversion the blue pipe been the vent pipe but if you follow this to the tank is not at the top it goes into the tank about 3/4 full level then has to vent out a small white plug that is fitted on the top corners as the tank will not fill to its max as for the drop section that can be seen for the handbrake rod to pass through would trap the air In the tank section above here and not fill the tank to its max[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
As you will see the size of the blank that has a small slot in it that vents and leaks water down over the tank.the blank cap in my picture is an example what is fitted in the top corners of a  A/S van conversion  tank.I can’t say a coach built A/S tank is fitted with  the same vents so may not have water running down over the tank
glyne lock
glyne lock

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : kemerton xl
Vehicle Year : 2019

Back to top Go down

Post by Heanorboy Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Guys... please stop.
Dbvwt wrote:
I am fully aware of the difference of opinions that have surfaced in many recent threads and I have my own thoughts on the issue but It’s not showing the forum up in a very good light.
Can you imagine joining the forum as an excited newbie and reading this??
i agree  and  surrender

Great to have folks adding comments "on topic" but having  goneoff does no good for anyone.

come on folks  hairdryer comments dont help nor do having a snipe at someone if you dont agree much better to just suggest your alternative, as one who has been on the end of a few of these unhelpful comments I can tell you it stings.
So come on having differences is great for the forum but only on topics not personnel.

Off to the bunker now and not telling yer where   camping and let me be the first to  merry xmas

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 75
Auto-Sleeper Model : Ex 2012 Dorset W
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2