The Auto-Sleeper Motorhome Owners Forum (ASOF)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

replacement windscreen wipers.

5 posters

Go down

replacement windscreen wipers. Empty replacement windscreen wipers.

Post by pootler Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:45 pm

Hi, has anyone a recommendation for replacement units. The passenger side will need replacing before MOT. I bought a pattern part from a Peugeot main dealer last time, which I have never been truly happy with. Is it worth paying the cost of the full price Peugeot part?
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

replacement windscreen wipers. Empty Re: replacement windscreen wipers.

Post by FreelanderUK Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:54 pm

These are what I bought for our van and would highly recommended them 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are a direct fit with the correct fitting for the wiper arm

Last edited by FreelanderUK on Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymro Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:24 pm

Here's my note of what I did. The first 2 paras are quotes from other Forum members; then my own note. Really fine.

"I feel your pain ! I have ordered wipers from Euro before  and found that they did not fit well but have  just passed mot yesterday by replacing the blades  from Tesco - cost £4 each . You are correct they are 26 and 22 inch. Rather than faff with supplied  adaptors I removed the rubbers and refilled my own blades. A 30 second job. Work perfectly

Should have said the Tesco own brand blades are aero design and have a load of adaptors to fit many vehicles but I discovered the rubbers are an exact copy of the oem blade rubbers so by popping off the end clip,  the rubbers are swapped in literally seconds at £4 a blade. I paid £21 for the 26 inch blade at Euro last year and still ended up swapping the rubber as the supplied adaptors were a poor fit.

Cymro’s note: Don’t replace only the rubber if the original Peugeot blade looks knackered, because trying to install a non-Peugeot blade + rubber seems a nightmare of adapters and a blade made of 3 pieces. Our blade seemed fine after 4 years, though the rubber was frayed. So bought a pair from Tesco at £4 each on 25 May 2019; removal of original blade from the wiper arm is easy: just depress the button and slide off the arm. Note which is the top end of the blade. Then, remove the top end clip: I eased around it first, being wary of not damaging the plastic (the replacement caps seem slightly different). Then I just tugged the top clip off the blade, and it came away. I slid out the worn rubber. Open the Tesco package, and tug off the top clip and slide out the rubber. (The Tesco blade will fall to its separate pieces). Slide the new rubber into the original metal blade: the blade goes over the lowest lateral ridge of the rubber (leaving 2 ridges and the wiping surface above the metal blade). Replace the original end clip which will click into place. Job done!  "

Sounds more complicated than it is!  

Cymro
Cymro
Cymro
Donator
Donator

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Nuevo ES
Vehicle Year : 2015

Back to top Go down

Post by pootler Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks for those ideas. Eventually I ended up in our 'local' Halfords only 42 miles away. I went in and looked at the 'wall' of replacement blades and left confused. Then after a strict talking to I went back in and asked for advice, which was immediately given. He came out, measured and said 'you need these Sir'. after a short haggle on price I ended up with some Bosch Aerotwin AP. They fitted easily and worked well in the rain on the way home.
All these small problems seem to take on huge problems when one does not really know what one is doing. Halfords worked. Thank you.
pootler
pootler

Auto-Sleeper Model : sussex duo

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulmold Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:27 pm

pootler wrote:Thanks for those ideas. Eventually I ended up in our 'local' Halfords only 42 miles away. I went in and looked at the 'wall' of replacement blades and left confused. Then after a strict talking to I went back in and asked for advice, which was immediately given. He came out, measured and said 'you need these Sir'. after a short haggle on price I ended up with some Bosch Aerotwin AP. They fitted easily and worked well in the rain on the way home.
All these small problems seem to take on huge problems when one does not really know what one is doing. Halfords worked. Thank you.
Halfords take a lot of stick with names such as Halfrauds but I've always found them knowledgeable and helpful (but I was a store manager for them for 13 years, many years ago) .

Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 73
Auto-Sleeper Model : Sussex Duo
Vehicle Year : 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by TeamRienza Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Agree with Paul. If we didn’t have a local Halfords with their wide range and depth of products then we would only have local motorfactors with a limited range of the type of bits and pieces I am looking for with long waits at the counter.
I always find Halfords staff helpful and friendly, so the prices are a bit more expensive but that is what service and instant availability costs. I have also found them to be open to a bit of discount if buying a decent amount and asking nicely.

Davy
TeamRienza
TeamRienza
Donator
Donator

Male

Member Age : 70
Auto-Sleeper Model : Used to own a Rienza
Vehicle Year : 2006 Mk6

Back to top Go down

Post by FreelanderUK Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:47 pm

I like Halfords ,with my cycling UK discount and Armed forces veterans discount I can save a few quid

Male

Auto-Sleeper Model : Warwick XL
Vehicle Year : 2016

Back to top Go down